{ Chapter 32 }

Trigger Warning: This chapter deals with topics of assault. If this is sensitive for you, read at your own discretion.

   We walked into the large main gym where the student council had worked very hard to turn it into the world of Harry Potter. Each wall of the gym had regalia and spirit of each Hogwarts, and there was a candy table with mock chocolate frogs, some jelly beans (hopefully not any of the bean-boozle variety), among other things. They made even managed to make the ceiling look like the starry nigh sky, like in the movies.

   "I have officially died, and gone to nerd heaven" Morgan said in awe. I had to laugh at her giddiness, although I too was captivated. Our groups found where we could place our stuff safely as we made our way to the dance floor. It was already crawling with teenagers, popular crowds clumped front and center while the shy underclassmen and wallflowers made up the outer rings. DJ's used for high schools are a special kind of perceptive because they were starting with all the dance classics. Teachers were dotted across the gymnasium to make sure everyone was "behaving", but the effort was a bit futile since none chose to brave the throng of gyrating teenagers. Drew and I danced with our clump friends. Of course Drew, Kenny, and Bryce were amazing dancers as well as being stellar athletes. I felt someone shove into my back, thrusting me, into the person behind me.

   "Whoa sorry I-"

   "Ugh, really, can I not run into you for five minutes of my life?" Jenny scoffed. She'd chosen a more scandalous route as far as dresses go, with a sequined black mini dress that was intended to hug every curve. Then there was the rest of them. Kennedy had dressed in a very elegant silver high low dress, contrasting her friend with dignity and class instead of skin. Daniel remained neutral, but his brows shot up as he looked at me. They all had dates that must have "matched" their "status". What surprised me was that Kennedy's date was none other than my aggravating math partner Gavin. He may have come with a date, but he made no effort to hide what he was thinking as his eyes (which looked a tad alcohol brightened) wandered up and down my frame shamelessly. I felt Drew's hand slide to my lower back and the glare that usually graced his face at my boyfriend returned.

   "Well, you clean up nice Bells" Kennedy said curtly. Oddly enough, no insult followed. I figured I could return the favor.

   "You too Kennedy, you picked out an amazing dress". I thought I saw her smile just a bit. That was definitely progress.

   "Well, I'll think we'll be going" she said, her group on her heels as they walked away. Finally a slow song came on and Drew swept me into his arms as I gazed into his eyes, which bored into mine as he studied me.

   "What, is there something on my face, in my hair?" I asked, the music lilting around us.

   My head's under water but I'm breathing fine

"Nope, just admiring" he replied, smiling softly. His hand slid up to my face and his thumb pad stroked the apple of my check. The charge in the air heightened and his eyes became slightly hooded as he dropped his mouth onto mine, kissing me softly. I wound my hands around the back of his neck as his arms wound around my waist. Guess they meant a lot of things when alumni said this was a place where dreams could become reality.

'Cause all of me, loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections.

   We pulled apart and he looked like he could have floated all the way to the moon from cloud nine. I laid my head on his shoulder as he laid his head down on my head. As the danced closed, the DJ's immediately sent it into the high energy beat of "Bang Bang". Many songs later I migrated my way to the water fountain. There's a reason dancers guzzle water all the time (in fact the only person who hadn't had to duck out at least once was Bianca). Out of the corner of my eye, I caught Daley Matthews and Ciarra Owens approaching.