17×⚪×nolan

17××nolan

Nolan focused his eyes on the booth where Delilah sat looking vulnerable and apprehensive. Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe he should go back.

"Okay, Arlington. You're up."

And suddenly he was being shoved on stage. He cleared his throat and stepped up to the microphone.

Nolan searched around the room for an anchor. That's what Wikihow, a site he had visited many times, said to have if you want to overcome stage fright.

Directly in front of him, toward the back of the room was Delilah. He blew out a heavy breath and focused again on the beautiful woman. He closed his eyes and pictured her face. He felt some of the anxiety leave with every exhale, and then he started singing. He sang and played the piano with everything he had. This was for her. He had nothing to be afraid of.

He didn't even care that he might be falling too fast.

If it was her he was falling for... he would fall...Oh man would he fall.

××after the date××

Nolan××Delilah

"So...why music?"

" Well, I thought it was a safe choice, considering how popular it is. Sorry that it was a little lame though..."

" Don't worry about it. There were a few acts that were pretty good."

" No, no. You don't have to pretend you liked it."

" But I did like it- -"

"You're just trying to make me feel better, but it isn't working, so let me make it up to you somehow."

"Well...I don't know..."

" Surely, that made you uncomfortable...just dare me to do something dumb that I will instantly regret agreeing to."

"okay...How about this...let me plan our next date and I'll let you know when I've come up with something good."

"Next date?"

"Yes..."

" Sounds perfect."

I just realized that I didn't post an update yesterday sksksksksks sorry I'll post another for you:)