19×⚪×delilah

19××delilah

This chapter is a little longer than most, so enjoy, ya nerds.

Delilah stood in front of her closet mirror and assessed herself. Her sight was getting better everyday and now she could see about a foot in front of her pretty clearly. The rest was still a little out of focus, but she could actually do things by herself now.

So today, she was going to walk down to Nolan's shop and hang out. Just thinking about him brought a smile to her face. They had gone out every day last week and had plans tonight, but she couldn't wait that long to see him.

He was just so romantic, caring, funny, handsome, and honestly the list could go on forever.

Delilah didn't know what he was doing or how he did it, but she was feeling something that she hadn't felt since...she was a kid. It started when she glanced at her feet last week and wiggled her painted toes. They were done horribly, nail polish splattered everywhere, but she didn't care. Nolan had done his best, even if it wasn't perfect, and it was cute.

She realized something that day.

There she was. She had tried her best to be the perfect shape and this was the outcome. Baeleigh still liked her. Nolan still liked her.

Even though in the end she was not the " perfect" shape, she didn't have to be.

Right now, looking in the mirror, she didn't get that heavy feeling in her heart. She didn't hate what she saw.

Sure, maybe her hips were wider than most and maybe there wasn't a gap between her thighs, but hey, she was alive and she had people who liked her just the way she was.

Even if they got up and left one day, she knew that she was still worth something and that she didn't need anyone else to tell her that.

×⚪×

Delilah was just half a block shy of Nolan's shop when she was stopped by a group of three guys. They formed a semi circle in front of her and whistled. They laughed when she tried to push past them, shouting indecent things to her.

Delilah was trying hard to keep from kicking their butts. A self-defense class was the first thing she took when she decided to move to New York, so she knew she could and that it would only take a minute, but she didn't want to make a scene and destroy the boys' ego in front of the whole street.

However, all of those plans went out the window when one of them put his hands on her.

Ooooooooooooo cliffhanger!

Next update on Wednesday:)