20×⚪×nolan

20××nolan

Nolan was shelving some new vinyls when he heard some shouting outside the shop. Feeling curious, he set the stack down and walked to the glass storefront.

He was not ready for what he saw outside.

It was Delilah, surrounded by a group of guys. She tried to get past, but one of them blocked her way and grabbed her waist.

Nolan clenched his jaw. No one should touch her like that except him.

He was about to walk out and beat the guy to a pulp, but he stopped. He was surprised by himself. Did he really want to be with Delilah like that?

His answer was sure. Yes. Yes he did. He loved her and needed her.

Little did he know that Delilah didn't need him.

At least, not in the way he expected. Nolan's eyes widened as he watched Delilah punch the man in front of her and knee the other two. She sneered down at the three groaning men and stepped over them.

Suddenly, Nolan was overcome with a desire to go out and kiss her right then and there. It wasn't the first time that he had felt like that, but this was the first time that he didn't resist it.

×⚪×

He opened the door and walked slowly to where Delilah stood. She met his eyes, but looked immediately back down and blushed.

"Hey... what um. .. What are you doing here?"

Nolan shook his head and laughed. He was filled with excitement and anticipation.

"You just beat up three guys in front of my shop. I...that was so hot."

Delilah looked up and swallowed nervously. Nolan grinned and grabbed her face, kissing her hotly. Her eyes widened, before she realized what was happening.

They were kissing. It was toe-curling and filled their bodies with a tingly feeling.

Delilah's eyes fluttered shut as she melted into Nolan's arms and kissed him back with all her being.

But, it was over too soon. Nolan pulled away in realization. This wasn't like him. He wouldn't just go up to a girl and kiss her with no warning.

He blushed and stepped away, rubbing the back of his neck.

Delilah slowly opened her eyes, trying to savor the fleeting feeling of Nolan's lips still pressed against hers.

"Um...I'm sorry... I well I...don't uhm... I don't know what came over me...I. "

Delilah laughed at Nolan's normal self resurfacing. He was so sweet and shy. She smiled softly at him and brought his lips back to hers.

This time it was slow and warm. They both pulled away after a few moments and gazed at each other, unable to wipe the smiles from their faces.

×⚪×

one week later

It was the day of the date and, once again, Nolan was nervous beyond belief. He loved Delilah so much it scared him. What would she do when she found out that the mysterious act at the restaurant had been him? That the whole "spark plugs" thing had been a cover up because it was really his name on the cover of the CD and he was scared of what Delilah would think, so he told her a different name?

Would she think he was weird and leave him before he even got the chance to ask her to be his girlfriend?

Nolan hoped tonight would go well, but he had no idea what to expect...and it was killing him.

Oooooooof um ...sorry? For the late update...

But aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh there's Only one chapter left!!