Chapter Six - B

I'm publishing this today because I'm taking tomorrow off. Hopefully Monday's chapter will be nice and long!

"Well, I know because, um," Blanche took a deep breath. "The kidnapper is. . ."

"Yeeeees," I said, leaning towards her.

"My childhood best friend. As kids, we bonded over the fact we have the same name: Blanche. We were planning a girls' day out when I was kidnapped. We were at her house, and this man with a hood over his face showed up, and he held me down while she put a rag over my face that made me fall asleep."

"So. . . she betrayed you before girls' day out?" I asked.

"Yeah. She had been acting weird the whole week. . . I'm sure it's nothing." 

"Maybe she was put under a spell of some sort?" George suggested.

"Or maybe she just had a change of heart." I said bluntly. George gave me a not helping look. And no, he didn't say that. For once.

"I just. . . I've known her my whole life! How could she do something like this?" Blanche sniffled.

"We'll get to the bottom of this, I swear," said George with finality.

"So, where do you think she is?" I asked.

"W-where we met. I think she's baiting us, and it's a trap." She said.

"Where did you meet?" I asked.

"We met at. . ."

----------

Meanwhile, at Avey's house

Henri lay on the sofa watching Disney and eating Aveline's discarded popcorn, picking out the peanut M&Ms. She had never liked them.

Now this is the life, she thought to herself. Popcorn, Disney movies, and no Aveline around to bug her! She missed Charli but sometimes a little alone time was good. 

Sorry for the short chapter! I have a lot going on right now. I'll try and get the chapter length back to normal as soon as I can, but no promises! 

Liza, I understand if you want to spam me. Just don't spam the group chat.

Thanks for your understanding!