Chapter Fourteen

A/N: So, like, hi? It's me? Again? I'm updating again? Hopefully this is long? IDK rn but like a girl can hope.  

Aveline's POV:

"Shut up," I said. It was targeted at my brain, but Oliver must have thought I was talking to him.

"I wasn't saying anything?" He said. He had decided to walk me to the train station. I was going a dark alley to call her, not a train station. Train stations were to dangerous. I have too many enemies. Duh.

"Not you, my stupid pyromaniac brain. It thinks it's a good idea to burn her out. It also thought it was a good idea to start the Fire of London by setting off a firecracker in that man's bakery, so I don't exactly trust its 'good ideas' andymore." Heh. Funny story, that. It involved caffeine, booze, and a Russian man named Vlad. 

Never trust a Russian named Vlad wearing a covering outfit and promising you 'a night of fun'. He tried to drug me. I was on caffeine at that point, so he ended up begging for mercy.

"Oh God, the Vlad incident," Oliver shuddered. I grinned.

"I kind of miss those days. No internet, no electricity, no S.O.s, just the four of us. I don't miss pretending to be normal, though. Or pretending to be a boy at Agincourt."

"Yeah, but Agincourt wasn't fun. 'Ooh, yay, epic battle, let's go!'. You idiot." Oliver retorted. I spun around and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Agincourt was an important historic event. We had to be there!" I said in my 'high and mighty' voice.

"Like Hannibal's march to Rome was important? It was miserable, and we lost our favourite elephant to the cold. And remember Columbus's voyage? The mutiny, the scurvy, the smell? I couldn't stop smelling that yuckiness for three years!" I rolled my eyes. 

Okay, history wasn't glamorous. And yes, I was around during the plague. It was disgusting. But I know what happened firsthand! 

"But they were important. Remember Pompeii? Now we know exactly what happened! And with the dinosaurs!"

"My mouth was black with volcanic ashes for weeks! And we were trapped by the debris, and had to telepop out of there!"

"But we did save Cassia!" Cassia had been a girl I had made friends with in Pompeii. She was going to be married to someone she didn't like, but we saved her and helped her find love in Rome. 

"Cassia almost died nineteen times, and died four years later in childbirth!"

"But we saved her from the volcano!"

"Remember Chernobyl? You insisted we be there, even though I felt sick for years!"

"We did evacuate some of the people, though."

"Good Lord, you're crazy," he muttered. I grinned.

"You should have figured that out when I crashed Marie Antoinette's wedding and waited for the cake to be cut so I could yell 'let them eat cake!' and run." That was too much fun. The looks on their faces. . . 

"Oh look, we're here." He said. I looked away from him, and when I looked back he was gone.

"Meanie," I muttered. "Off with his head!" I smiled slightly.

"Hello," someone said from behind me. I immediatly whipped around, kicking whoever it was in their no-no-touch-touch square.

"Avey!" They complained. Oops.

I kicked Oliver in the crotch by accident.