Chapter Twelve - Olivienne's Past

Here's the event I've been referencing for the past a while. It's what made Olivienne give up control. 

And yes, it's all in her POV.

----------

~ Flashback ~

It was a lovely fall afternoon in the Evergreen werewolf pack. But I didn't care. I had a mission to complete.

We had been told by one of our reliable sources that this pack, Alpha Damien's pack, had been plotting against us. After the  recent attempted rebellion of the Halfmoon pack, we were investigating all the werewolf packs that had any form of contact with the Halfmoon pack.

So, I asked to go and investigate through infiltration. Dad said I could. Auntie pouted for a bit. She liked these kinds of missions.

I had assumed the identity of a werewolf the some age as me, an Omega, who lived in a pack that was recently destroyed by us for plotting to kill us. Her name was Lucine Rogers, and she was dead. Very dead. I personally burned the pack house with her in it.

But they didn't know that.

Auntie Avey made me look like her. The glamour would disappear when I said my real name. Olivienne Hayes.

They bought my tale of escaping the burning hellhole I created. And enjoyed watching burn. The shrieks that filled the air were music to my ears.

And now, I was about to clean the Alpha's office. And do some snooping, of course.

I slowly pushed open the mahogany double doors. Extra, much.

The room was empty of any pack members.

I paused time. That's my ability. My Mum can pause objects, and Dad has a time-related ability. Usually children didn't have a mix of their parent's abilities, but I guess I'm the exception.

I walked quickly to the desk and opened the top drawer, looking for something proving he was panning something illegal.

I found a piece of paper with 'Halfmoon pack' written in sharpie on the back.

The Alpha of the pack we recently destroyed had contacted Alpha Damien.

Damien had respectfully declined. Oh, well. You can't kill them all.

I put the papers back where they belonged, shutting the drawer tight.

I unpaused time and started cleaning. 

I had just finished, and was putting away my supplies when someone barged into the room. I spun around and looked into his eyes.

"A-Alpha Damien," I stuttered. I smiled internally. Nailed the Omega act! I didn't like pretending to be weak but, I had mastered it for this mission. Auntie Avey was very proud of that fact.

"What's your name?" He demanded.

"W-why?" I stuttered. Nailing it! If Auntie was here. . . She'd probably smack him and tell him exactly who I am. But if she wasn't her, she'd probably applaud.  

"You're my mate," he said slowly, as if he was talking to a simpleton or a child. I really want to smack him. Maybe after I report back to Dad.

I wracked my brains. Mate. Where had I heard that before. Oh right! Werewolves got soulmates they called mates for short. Which means. . . 

My eyes widened slightly at the realisation.

Alpha Damien's my soulmate!

"I-I'm Lucine, L-Lucine Rogers," I stuttered.