3: Forgotten

"Do...do I know you somehow, Tae Tae?"

The famous nickname ringed through the youngers ears, his eyes widening as his head shot up.

"What did you just call me? Why are you calling me that?" Tae suddenly snapped, Jimin flinching a little.

"So... that was you... who are you Kim Taehyung!?"

Kim sighed and looked at Jungkook, who looked up from his phone with a shrug and nod.

"Go ahead."

Tae nodded, sure he'd be able to confess their backstory correctly.

"We... we were childhood friends." he mumbled, Jimin looking up with a frown.

"So Kookie knew about this... why don't I remember yo- oh..."

Jimin's eyes saucered in realization. He knew full well he had a problem with his memory. He had learned that when he suddenly remembered Kookie was his brother, and his father was his father, not just a random alcohalic who showed up at the hospital the day after the accident.

He frowned at the thought. The accident happened when he was 10 or 11 right? Why hasn't Tae shown up before, if they really were best friends?

Tae sighed, seeming to had read Jimin's mind.

"I had to move the day of the accident. Actually. Me moving is what caused the accident"

Jimin frowned. What did he mean?

"W- wha-"

-

"Tae Tae?!? What's wrong?!"

I ran to my best friend who looked at me, tears welling up in his eyes.

"I-I'm so sorry Minnie. I'm so sorry!"

I frowned, confused at his sudden apology.

"Tae? What's wrong? Did you get in another fight?"

Tae shook his head. He murmured softly, me not being able to hear the barely audible noise, cupped his cheeks, forcing him to make eye contact.

"Speak up"

"I-I'm moving!" he finally spat, clenching his eyes shut.

After he didn't hear me answer, he continued.

"I'm leaving today. I didn't tell you... because I couldn't bring myself to..."

I couldn't believe this. Why wouldn't he tell me earlier?! He's my best friend! He's not supposed to do this!

I shook my head, uncupping his cheeks and running across the road to my house. Tears streamed down my face, the thoughts in my head made ringing sound in my head. The ringing grew louder and louder, I didn't even hear my best friend's screech.

"WATCH OUT!-"

-

Tae looked at Jimin as he froze for a good 30 seconds. What was wrong with him?

Jimin looked around the room. His eyes immediately landing on Tae.

"Y-y-you weren't joking. You... you-"

Tae flinched at the accusation. He nodded, biting back any proclomation he wanted to say.

"I'm gonna go. Text me any updates Kookie. Bye Jimin..."

Just as Tae opened the door, he turned back to see cold fingers wrapped around his wrist, and a smaller boy who jumped up to grab him.

"I.... Taehyung... I'm sorry for doubting you. But!"