7: Birthday Wishes

•6:34am|| October 13th•

Birthdays.

Something Jimin was oddly and uncommonly afraid of.

As others would constantly remind people and get upset if someone had forgotten, Jimin would instead avoid any recognition at all.

He never told people nor celebrated, and those who gave him gifts he would even attempt to return.

Jungkook would usually attempt to surprise Jimin, but he never could, and so this year, he had recruited his brother's best friend to assist him on the job. 

"So... what are we planning hm?" asked Tae, who was sitting on the couch with a smile, a notebook laid on his lap.

"I was thinking. A surprise party! We could get it all done after school, but we need someone to stall Jiminie..."

Tae sighed. "I assume that person's me?-"

Jungkook smiled. "Well- Ruru and Jin-hyung are coming over to help decorate, Yoongi and Hoseok-hyung are going out to get a cake, and we all decided Namjoon-hyung shouldnt be allowed anywhere until after the party starts. He sucks with keeping secrets... and he destroys... everything-"

Tae laughed. "Okay okay. I'll take Jimin somewhere after school. I'd say you guys have about an hour." he smiled.

"Sounds like a plan Stan!"

"Uh... Jungkook.. is you memory fucked up too? My names Tae-"

"Oh- nevermind-"

•4:12pm||October 13th•

All day Tae had succeeded in keeping the secret of the party safe, even if that did mean temporarily locking Namjoon in the janitors closet..

"Hey Jimin.." Tae said as the two walked out of the gate together, Jungkook running "late"

"Do you want to go to a cafe near my house? It's got really tasty food! And I'll pay!" Tae flashed a box smile Jimins way.

"Nonsense. I'll pay." Jimin rolled his eyes, scoffing at the poor attempt to give him a surprise.

"So you'll go?" Tae excitedly asked, changing his pace.

"Of course. Where to?"

"This wayyyy!" smiled Taehyung, who lead the older across town.

When the two finally arrived, Jimin looked at the menu with a sigh. "I-I'll have a water-" he looked at the waitress, only to be cut off.

"Nonsense. Two Macchiato's please!" Tae mused with a smile.

The waitress giggled nodding as she placed the order. "Coming right up boys!" and with that, she was gone.

"Tae! What the frickety frack was that! I-"

Tae covered up his mouth, laughing slightly.

"What is it!" Jimin growled with a huff.

"Nothing- you just act exactly the same" he giggled.

Jimins annoyed expression faltered, he frowned slightly with a pout.

"Well... what's that supposed to mean?"

"Interpret it how you wish!" he smiled.

"B-"

The waitress suddenly sat the two drinks in front of them.

"Enjoy!"

Tae smiled, nodding. He looked at the receipt and arched an eyebrow at a collection of numbers gathered around.

"Wha-"

"I... was hoping we could... get to know each other?" the girl asked shyly, giggling at the floor.

Jimin tilted his head at the girl with a frown. Who the hell did she think she was? He wasn't sure why, but the offer made his head hurt, a glare fixated at the table.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't swing that way."

Jimin frowned at the words. The girl did as well.

"What? So you're fag?!" she glared

Tae bit his tongue. "Yes. Now get the fuck away before I report you for harassment."

The girl scowled, walking away with a huff.

Taehyung growled, pulling out his wallet. "We aren't tipping that girl. The fucking nerve"

Jimin sat frozen, extremely conflicted. 

'So he's gay? Or was it just something to get that girl awa-"

"Jimin? Are you good?" Tae said with a frown, tilting his head.

"W-wha! Yes yes! Don't pay I've got it!" he scowled, changing the subject to the other pulling out one to many dollar bills.

"Nope. Too late" Tae said, handing a different waitress the money, her thanking him politely, smirking at the two and walking away.

Jimin scowled. "Oh... whatever!"

Tae gleamed, sipping on his drink with a giggle.

Jimin sighed, beginning to do the same.

•5:35pm|| October 13th•

As the two finished their drinks and walked back to Jimins, Taehyung was very happy with how successful he was in stalling the older. He was a bit irritated with that annoying waitress, but all in all, it was a good trip.

Jimin however was extremely conflicted. Thoughts circled through his mind, messing with his head. He was too focused on the questions running through his mind, he wasn't  even expecting the loud "surprise!" that scared him as he walked in.

Out of reflex, he put his hands up defensively, elbowing the figure his saw behind him.

"Ouch! Little mother fucker this is why I dont do nice things!" scowled Jin, holding onto his side.

Jimin frowned slightly, looking around the room at the streamers and his group of friends awkwardly standing around.

"Y-you did this all-"

Jungkook smiled. "It was a team effort! Thanks Tae Tae!"

Jimin laughed slightly, frowning as a thought suddenly popped into his head.

"Where's dad..."

Jungkook laughed. "I...uh... locked him in the garage...hahh... he passed out a few hours ago-"

Jimin burst out laughing.

"Best birthday ever!"

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

●End Chapter 7: Birthdays●

Thanks for reading I appreciate it! If you like the chapter and want more, don't forget to vote.

If you have suggestions or want to correct me on anything, please do so in the comments!

●TLDR:Its Jimins birthday and Jungkook asks Tae to help surprise him.