Chapter XXII

ELLE

Music: Boss C from Dragon Spirit Arcade

We all directed our attention to the origin of the laughing, coming from the center of the battlefield. A figure slowly phased into reality. It was a mixture of a human and alien creature. He looked mostly human, but was yellow, had red pupils, a slightly crude face, and fangs. He was also a bit on the... tall size. As in, monster-tall.

"YOU!" Sam sputtered when he saw the figure appear.

"HAHA! Did you miss me?" the figure said, a smirk on his face.

"Um... I'm confused," I said.

Sam turned to me, and explained, "Elle, meet Thomas, our former nemesis. He pretended to be my friend, but then revealed himself to be alien and tried to kill all of us. In fact," he growled, clenching a fist at Thomas. "He's probably the whole reason we're all here."

Thomas pretended to be taken aback. "Well, how did ya know?" he fake-asked, then laughed again. "You missed one little detail about us Zabadoofs- we're immortal. We can never be killed. So I simply revived myself and created the Sins."

"But why?" Shanna asked.

Thomas grinned and squinted his eyes. "To get rid of you. Why else would I? And if things had went the opposite way that they did-" he paused, probably for effect- "I would've used their power to achieve world domination."

"That's so cliche," Luke muttered, and Thomas shot a glare at him.

"Luke. I remember you all too well," Thomas grunted. Then he looked back at the rest of us. "Now, I feel as if I lost unfairly the first time. So I demand a rematch."
"Challenge accepted," Heath said. I exclaimed, "Wait! What about me? I don't even know Thomas!"

Thomas gave me a fake smile of reassurance. "Consider yourself lucky. You get to help them fight. And if I win, I get control of you."

My nervousness went from a 4 out of 10 to an 11, but I told myself everything would be all right.

At least, I hoped it would be.

---

Music: Revibe from Otomedius Excellent

The fight started with Thomas grabbing a golden orb out of his sleeve (like the first battle with the kids) and eating it. He then grew three times his already massive size. The difference? He had radioactive energy swirling all around him, as a shield.

"Let's roll. This time I won't lose," Thomas laughed evilly.

The fight started with Sam deciding to use the same strategy they used against Thomas last time- Sean and Shanna getting inside of one of Sam's energy orbs. Before he could release the orb, Heath yelled, "Sam, don't! Even that massive amount of power won't do anything to Thomas with the radioactive energy he possesses!"

Sam grunted, "Fine," and released the orb. "We're going to need another plan."

"If we could get rid of the radioactive energy, we could get a direct attack on him," Chomata speculated. Thomas stomped the ground and created HUGE energy forces, knocking everyone in the group over.

"And how do you say we do that?" Sean asked.

"Leave that up to me," Luke muttered, getting the Rock of Doom. He used its power to grow to the same height as Thomas. Then he used the same lightning attack he used on Envy, which somehow got rid of the radioactive energy.

To recoil from the attack, Thomas growled and punched Luke over... right on top of Elle. I'll be blunt here and just say Sam is a quick reactor. *wink*

As revenge, Sam summoned about a hundred tigers to trample Thomas. Thomas counteracted with his Zabadoof minions, but Anastasia gave them a wink and a twirl, and pointed straight at Thomas. They did what Anastasia wanted them to do, leap all over Thomas and join the trampling.

Thomas got up, roared, and declared, "Okay, no more of this." Then he shrank down to normal size and grabbed a sword. "I would like to declare a fencing match to... Sam."

Sam was startled by this. He'd never worked with a sword before. So, without Thomas realizing it, he made himself good at fighting with a sword. Luke made a sword for him, and the fight began.

Thanks to what Sam did, it wasn't long before he had Thomas down on the ground. But Thomas thought ahead and in one swift motion, he grabbed the sword right out of Sam's hand, leaving Sam defenseless.

"How does it feel to be on the weak side?" Thomas sneered, slowly inching both swords towards Sam. A foot then flew right towards his crotch, making contact and causing Thomas to fall to the ground in pain.

The foot came from Elle. "Thought I'd return the favor from earlier," she smiled. Sam gave her a hug as thanks, and they ran back to the rest of the group.

Now it was Sean and Shanna's turn to have some fun. As Thomas stood up slowly, he was grabbed from behind by Shanna. She spun him around for a little bit, then threw him towards Sean. They had a short little game of kicking Thomas back and forth. It obviously caused Thomas a great deal of pain, as their footpower was obviously incredible. The game finally ended when Heath hopped at Thomas from the side and kicked Thomas away from them.

Then Heath used his floating power to carry Thomas high into the sky, and then wedgied him onto the blank scoreboard. Luke then made swords for each member of the group, and gave each person a sword.

"Let's finish him off together," he grinned.

With that, all eight of them leaped for Thomas with their swords, and since he couldn't do anything to help himself, he received eight slashes.