Your Plans Usually Involve Sex

Jessica and Helen looked at each other, silently agreed they did not know. Jessica said "We always thought it is not possible. I cannot offer you a proof of that belief."

Helen flipped back her covers and sat up. I am impressed with how smooth and fluid the motion is. She looked at me with some regard. She answered as my original edition Helen. "Humans and Vampires have been having sex with each other as long as Vampires have been a race apart. Vampire women with human men on a near-monthly basis. If you are a woman and a Vampire, since you need to get some blood, you might as well get some shagging in while you are at it. If you are so inclined. I have been so inclined. Jessica far more so."

Jessica agreed "I have probably had sex with... Call it about eight hundred to one thousand human men. Give or take. There were a couple of repeats. Extend that math to the population as a whole, and the intercourse is in the many millions. Extend it to all the time we have been a race, it's in the billions."

Helen went on "You would think that, given the sheer numbers of Vampire women shagging human men that if a human man were going to get a Vampire women pregnant, it would have happened by now."

Jessica looked at me. "Male Vampires are much smaller in number, but they are responsible for the vast majority for female Vampires around. They have sex. They have a drink. One in every five thousand times or so, a woman is turned. I think eighty or ninety percent of the women you saw at Conclave were turned by a male Vampire. I am actually a rare exception, having been turned by a female." Jessica tossed a quick grin over at her friend and lover. "One that should have known better."

Helen told Jessica "Yes: That made my getting on the Council that much harder, I have to say. That you turned out to be such an excellent Vampire worked out in my favor."

Before they went too far away from the subject, I stuck with my point "So what happened to the other four thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine human women? Times all the male Vampires ever in the history of Vampires. They were all tracked carefully? We know none of them ever got pregnant?"

Jessica looked a little exasperated. "No. We don't know that."

I am not trying to make her mad, but her perspective is that of the Vampire community as a whole. I made the next point evenly, without any inflections to make her more defensive. "That's how the Sirens reproduce. They have sex with humans and of course female Sirens. Sometimes they get a baby Siren." I pointed out. It is something Vampires have known for years, at least the part about the Humans and the Sirens.

Jessica did not look very convinced. "Ok. Not compelling, but what of it?"

"Point two. The legend of William the so-called King and Conqueror and all that shit. Supposedly born of two Vampires, yet the legend says ...what exactly? I mean about his ability to have children?"

"Nothing," Helen said, waiting to see where I am going with it.

I wished I had a chalkboard to write my points down on. "The story as I learned it from my Vampire schoolmarm... That's the hot and sexy woman sitting right there..."I almost launched into 'Hot for Teacher' but decided against it. I slide back into my sentence, already in progress. "...is all about how William went forth, taking over the known world, raping, pillaging, controlling. Having lots and lots of sex with all sorts of willing and unwilling women. I am guessing mostly unwilling. No children ever recorded in oral history. Right?. I am pretty sure if there was any Vampire in the history of ever that begat progeny, then the little bastards would have been noted and tracked and sung to the history of all Vampirekind. "

Helen awarded me full marks on that one. "Agreed."

I indicated my chest. Seemed classier than pointing lower. "Datapoint three. Me. I not only am fertile with Vampire women, but I probably cause human women to ovulate too. How would we know? They do it all the time anyway. We never checked that. Lori is the only Human I ever even exposed to them, and while I know they affected her attitude about me, I never asked her if she had a period out of cycle or anything."