Chapter: 13

The two of them set the table without any more complaints. Just as they finished, the doorbell began to ring. Raven stopped what she was doing to go see who it was. She walked through the vestibule and to the door. When she glanced through the peep hole, a gasp escaped her lips. She was shocked to see Aubrey standing on the other side of the door. 'What the hell is he doing here,' she thought to herself. She really didn't want to face him right now, especially with her nosey family as an audience.

The bell rang once more and Karris was making her way towards the door. Raven saw her sister and grabbed her arm pulling her to the side. "Listen, there's a guy at the door and I need you to tell him that I'm not here."

"Why, is he ugly or something?" asked Karris

Raven rubbed the bridge of her nose growing frustrated with her sister. "Karris, can you please just do this for me."

"Okay. Now do you want him gone for now or do you want me to completely get rid of him, because I can tell him to fuck off if-"

"Karris!" Raven shouted cutting Karris rambling short. "Just tell him I'm not here." She said in a much calmer voice.

Karris rolled her eyes moving towards the door. "Where's the fun in that?" she mumbled under her breath. She put her hand on the doorknob and swung it open. "Listen, Raven's not-" She stopped in mid sentence, her mouth nearly fell open when she saw the person in front of her.

Drake stared at the frozen girl in front of him and was slightly confused. For a minute there he thought he was at the wrong house, but then he started to notice small similarities between the young woman and Raven. He cleared his throat to speak after realizing she was still in a daze. "Hi, I'm looking for a woman named Raven Perry. Does she live here?"

His voice brought her out of the daze she was in, and what a voice it was. Karris had no clue as to why Drake would be looking for Raven, or why she would be avoiding him, but she wasn't about to pass up this chance of meeting him. "Of course she does, come on in." she stepped aside welcoming him in. "I'm Karris, Raven's sister."

Drake smiled giving her a small nod, he knew there had to be a relation between them somewhere. They both had the same light eyes, and complexion, the only difference was their hair and height. Raven's hair is brown, while Karris hair is blonde. She's also a few inches shorter than her older sis, making Drake feel like a giant standing next to her. He extended his hand to properly greet her, "Nice to meet you, I'm-"

"Aubrey Drake Graham, born October 24th 1986 in Toronto, Ontario." She eyed him adoringly in his dark jeans and denim button up as she ran down his life in a matter of seconds.

His eyes widened listening to Karris talk; he now knew that their hair and height wasn't the only difference between them. "Wow... I take it you're more of fan than your sister is." He was oddly flattered by all of this.

Karris shrugged her shoulders, finally releasing his hand. "Raven's weird, she only listens to old stuff."

Raven was waiting in the living room for her sister to return. As she waited she thought she heard a man's voice, one man to be specific. She walked back over to the doorway and found her sister laughing and conversing with Drake. "Seriously Karris..." she had an exasperated look on her face as she glared at the younger woman.

Drake could tell that Raven was flustered by his presence, but he didn't care, he was actually finding it amusing. He watched as Raven dragged her sister off to the side.

"You didn't tell me it was Drake." Karris squealed excitedly having her fan girl moment. She then turned back around to face him. "She wanted me to lie and tell you she wasn't here, which further leads me to believe that she's weird." said Karris.

Drake was grinning from ear to ear when he set his hazel eyes on Raven. "Is that right?"

"Could you give us a minute?" She asked Karris.

Karris took out her phone and quickly snapped a picture of Drake. She was so close that the flash almost blinded him. "Call me before he leaves." She said before walking away.

He blinked his eyes trying to clear the white spots from the flash. Now it was just the two of them. "So, you're avoiding me?" he asked with a coy smile playing across his lips.

"Not exactly, I like to call it giving each other space." Raven watched the cocky smirk on his face and it was hard containing a smirk of her own, especially since he was looking all kinds of tempting standing there in front of her. "How did you know where to find me?" she asked. There weren't many people who knew where her mother lived.

Drake reached in his pocket and pulled out her phone, "your home girl Tiana." He wiggled it in her face and tossed it to her. "And why would you need space from me?"

"You know why. And what's up with all of these questions anyway?"

"I'm just trying to get some kind of understanding between us. You just ran out on me last night"

"Wait a minute." Raven put her hand up looking around for her eavesdropping sister. She led him back into the vestibule and closed the door so they could talk in private. "I left because something almost happened that shouldn't have."

In hearing this, his eyebrows shot up, "And why is that?" he asked.

Raven tilted her head to the side; she looked at him like he was crazy. "I don't know, maybe because you have a girlfriend, a small fact that you seem to keep forgetting."

"Only when I'm with you." Drake spoke softly. He took a step closer, closing the space between them. There was a silence, but their eyes spoke volumes when they met. Every time he looked at her, her feel the urge to touch or kiss her, and he was going to do just that... that was until Raven took a step back.

The confined space they were in was making it hard for Raven not to give into him. She stepped back putting on a tough exterior and folded her arms under her breasts to keep from touching his scruffy cheek that was calling out to her. "What is this Aubrey? I mean if all you want is a fuck from me-"

Drake face squinted feeling a bit offended that she would think that about him. His voice rose slightly to out talk her. "Hold up, you know that's not what I want, I can get that anywhere." The seriousness in his tone was expressed on his face.

They came to another standstill. Raven let out a defeated sigh dropping her hands to her side. "So why don't you?" This was a question she'd been asking herself every since she met him. He could have any woman he wanted with the snap of his fingers, so why was he doing this tug of war with her.

"Maybe that's not what I want." He replied. There was no more playfulness in his face or voice. His tongue slid across his bottom lip as his eyes roamed across Raven's body. He appraised every inch of her appreciating the denim shorts that clung to her toned thighs, moving up to the flannel shirt covering the black crop top that exposed her taut stomach. There were definitely good, bad thoughts running through his head at that moment.

Raven noticed he was off in his own little world. She felt herself blushing under the scrutiny of his gaze. "Can you stop looking at me like that in my momma's house?" she said with a smirk.

"Looking at you like what?" Curling his finger in the belt loop of Raven's shorts, he pulled her closer to him. He laid his hand on the small of her back keeping her in place.

"Like you wanna do more than just look at me." The sexual tension between them was clearly evident as they stared at each other. His gaze held her steady as he leaned down to kiss her. When their lips touched, that same electricity was there. His tongue slid across her lip and she parted her lips allowing him entry. Their mouths worked slowly and intensively against each others. Raven let out a soft moan and she realized she was secretly yearning for this kiss. Her hands wrapped around his neck bringing them even closer. Just as she was getting into things, she heard someone clear their throat. The two of them jumped at the sound and took a step back from each other breaking their kiss. When she turned around and saw her mother standing there with her hands on her hips, she quickly remembered her surroundings. "Hey mommy." Raven looked back and forth between Drake and her mother feeling completely embarrassed, and she had the feeling this was just the beginning.