Chapter 68

Raven's restless body laid awake the entire night. Her anxious mind wouldn't allow her to secure any sleep whatsoever. She just stared at the sparkling diamond on her finger trying to convince herself that she was indeed engaged, once again. Drake on the other hand was dead to the world, snoring and all. After the night he had, she knew he was down for the count. Raven looked over at him and smiled, he had definitely outdone himself. The proposal was one thing, but to have their families there to witness made it even more special. For the remainder of the night she was taken hostage by Sandi and Karen to go over wedding and baby shower plans. Drake got off easy and spent his night laughing and drinking with the men, that's what got him in the predicament that he was in now.

The sun was about to come up and still, no sleep for Raven. Giving up on it completely, she climbed out of bed and grabbed her laptop going into the living room of the suite. Grabbing the television remote, she turned the tv on and found a movie to watch as she curled up on the couch with her laptop. There were just so many thoughts and ideas running through her mind about this wedding that she had to just get them out. Moments later she found herself lost in the abyss of Pinterest wedding gowns. There were too many to choose from. She had no idea how women just decided one. After the gowns, came the venues, and pretty much after that Raven had almost a booklet of notes for the wedding.

Looking at the time on her computer screen, she saw that it was 7:30 A.M. She had been on the internet for three hours and didn't even realize it. Drake had to be at sound check by 8:30. She knew that waking him up was going to be a task, so she decided to do it now. Removing her laptop from her lap, she got up from the couch and went back into the bedroom. Just as she suspected, Drake was still tucked up under the covers, sleeping on his side.

Raven climbed back up to her empty spot with her knees in the mattress as she shook his shoulder. "Baby, it's time to wake up." She shook him some more, but he continued to rest. "Come on Aubrey, you're gonna be late for sound check." This time she shook a bit harder, causing him to groan and mumble under his breath.

"Raven, I'm tired, leave me alone." Drake brushed her off and rolled over.

Raven sat on the edge of the bed smiling down at him. He was the worst when it came to getting up in the morning. With his back now to her, she scooted closer to him and let her lips graze his jaw, cheek, and up to his ear. "You really want me to leave you alone?" she whispered softly as her hand slipped under the blanket, journeying down until she felt the bulge in his boxer briefs.

"Not if you keep doing that." Drake's hoarse voice spoke. Feeling Raven waken other parts of his anatomy, he cracked his eyes open and rolled over onto back looking up at her.

"Now that I have your attention, it's time for you to get up, Mr. Graham."

"What if I don't want to get up, future Mrs. Graham?" He asked, and a wide smile spread across her lips. "You like the way that sounds don't you?"

"I love that way that sounds, but you really do need to get up. You have sound check in less than an hour, breakfast is on its way up, and we have to talk."

"What do we have to talk about?"

"A few things actually, but first get dressed." Raven kissed his lips and climbed off of him.

Drake shook his head watching her leave the room. He wondered what could be on her mind so early in the morning. For a second there he thought that she was going to bring up Dollicia, but if that was going to be the topic of their discussion, he was sure he would have been woken up a lot differently this morning. Climbing out of bed, Drake headed for a shower. It took all of twenty minutes to get himself together. When he walked out into the living room, there was Raven sitting with her legs folded up on the couch, sipping on a cup of tea with her laptop open on her lap.