Chapter 41

It seemed like everyone he knew was there, his Young Money crew some of his friends from Houston and Atlanta, even OB and Courtne came down from Toronto. He was still in shock that Raven had put this together without him knowing. After doing some mingling and saying his hello's to everyone who came out to party with him, he made his way to where Raven was seated with her friends. Drake flopped down next to her on the bed like seat and placed a kiss on her cheek. She cuddled up next to him acknowledging his presence while she continued to listen to Chubbs and Ryan unsuccessful efforts in sweet talking Tiana and Danielle.

"I've seen you before." Ryan said to Danielle whom he was sitting next to.

"Is that right?" Danielle asked in an uninterested manner as she went back to sipping her drink.

"Yeah, it was a few months back at a club. You were wearing a yellow dress." He replied thinking back to the night he saw her with Raven.

Danielle lowered her drink slightly recalling having worn something like that. This caught her attention. She smiled turning to face him. "You have a good memory."

"That image gave me sweet dreams for weeks. That dress was definitely hugging you in all the right places." said Ryan as he practically undressed her with his eyes. Danielle rolled her eyes turning back to Raven who was laughing. "What? What did I say?" he asked. Drake and Raven just shook their heads.

A hostess came over with a tray of shots and sat them on the table in front of everyone. They all reached for a glass and held it up as 40 made a birthday toast. Once he was finished the drinks were thrown back and everyone clapped. Raven just so happened to glance to her right when she saw Tiana giving her some major side eye.

"What?" Raven asked with a smirk.

Tiana shook her head returning the grin. "You know what. That's number four." She had been counting Raven's alcohol consumption from the time they were at her house.

"What? I said I'll behave." Raven said in an amused tone.

"Alright, I'm not trying to relive Miami." Tiana warned.

Danielle slapped her knee letting out a laugh when the memory came back to her. "Oh shit, I almost forgot all about that night."

Drake looked at Raven with an amused expression on his face. "What happened in Miami?" he asked holding her gaze while she tried to hide behind her innocent face.

"When Raven drinks hard liquor one of three things happens. She either gets horny, develops a very short temper or almost always end up on top of a table with her shoes kicked off somewhere. Everything and everyone pisses her off. Long story short we're not allowed back at a certain club in South Beach." Tiana explained to Drake.

"It wasn't that bad, she's exaggerating." said Raven. She gave Tiana's thigh a pinch eliciting an ow from her. Tiana laughed getting the hint that Raven wanted her to keep hush. Raven tapped Drake's leg signaling him to scoot over so she could get up. After getting out of her seat, she took Drake by the hand, stopping him right before he sat down back down. "Come on birthday boy, let's dance."

Drake let out a sigh and smiled. "Can you hold on baby, give me a few minutes." The food had just got to their table and was looking really good. His stomach was already growling so he wanted to sit down and eat before he did anything. It was his birthday so he knew Raven wasn't going to complain. He kissed her forehead and went to sit down, but a familiar voice cut in stopping him.

"I'll dance with you."

Drake and Raven turned around to see Trey standing behind them. She smiled and immediately gave him a hug. "Hey, I thought you weren't going to make it." When she called to invite him he told her that he was going to be in Vegas for a show, so seeing him here now was a complete surprise.