Chapter Twenty One

A/N: Rosalind's outfit for the chapter is on the left and her outfit for the memorial is on the right.

Memorial

Stefan is packing up stuff for a camping trip in the woods, Rosalind is in the room with him

"You're making a big mistake."

"No, I'm not. If I can get Elena used to animal blood right out the gate."

"You're reaching."

"Maybe she'll be able to bypass all the things that we went through."

"Delusional!"

"Maybe she actually has a shot at this."

"Wrong. You're just wrong, Stefan."

"She won't be able to handle it if she hurts someone, Rosalind. Her compassion is her Achilles heel and everything is magnified right now."

"Then you better hope she's not a fan of Bambi."

Stefan and Elena are walking through the woods. They see a deer eating nearby, Elena breathes heavily.

"Close your eyes." She looks up at Stefan, than closes her eyes. Stefan rushes at the deer and Elena opens her eyes and gasps.

Rosalind stabs a knife into the table.

"She needs human blood, Stefan, from the vein."

"Oh, come on, you know what happens. You name me a vampire who didn't kill at least one person when they were new."

"You name me one who went on a bunny diet and didn't kill dozens."

Elena drinks the blood from the deer. The blood is all over her face as she pulls away from its neck and breathes heavily.

"If she kills someone, she will crumble. How much pain do you think she could take before she shuts off her humanity switch?"

"It happens to the best of us at least once. We get over it, Stefan. A hundred years or so."

Elena gets up from the ground. The deer runs off. She watches it leave, still looking traumatized by the feed.

"No, I think I'd like her to skip that part."
Rosalind starts unpacking the bags that Stefan was packing for the trip in the woods.

"She can't learn to control the bloodlust, if she's never actually experienced the bloodlust."

"What are you doing? Knock it off."

Rosalind continues to unpack the bag. "It's a cheat. It's like giving a kid a calculator before they know math."

"I said stop it!" Stefan grabs Rosalind's arm. she pushes Stefan's arm off of her. They stare each other down.