Chapter Thirty

A/N: Rosalind's outfit for throughout the chapter is above, the outfit on the right is her outfit for prom.

Picture of You

Caroline is inside trying on a dress accompanied by Rosalind

Caroline is inside trying on a dress accompanied by Rosalind. They come out of a fitting room together.

"You are coming tonight."

"Caroline no. I've been trying to avoid Rebekah."

"You can't avoid her forever, Roz."

Rosalind sighs "I know. Change of topic but you look super hot, by the way."

"You think?"

"Oh yeah."

"Yeah."

"I'm gonna have the sexiest date there."

They giggle with each other. "You know what, I love friend-prom. And it's exactly what prom should be-- friends and memories."

"Yep."

"Yes, it sucks that my boyfriend can't be here, but the three of us are gonna have the night of our lives."

The door jingles as someone enters the shop. Caroline looks up and her smile falters. Elena and Rebekah enter the store.

"Pretty dress, Caroline."

"I know. You helped me pick it out months ago when we were friends-- before you tried to kill me."

"I thought it looked familiar."

Caroline walks over to the store clerk "can you press this for me? I'll pick it up later. Rosalind?"
They go back to the fitting room while Elena watches them with a sly look on her face as Rebekah watches Rosalind walk away sadly.

Caroline and Rosalind arrive at the dance, Caroline was in a white shoulderless dress Klaus gave her, smiling to see her classmates enjoying themselves. Elena approaches her.

"So how do I look?"

"Are you kidding me? You look like a back-stabbing bi-" She stops when she sees Stefan approaching behind Elena. Caroline continues with less fervor. "The dress is beautiful, and it brings out your eyes."

"Thanks. I thought I'd do it a favor." Caroline starts to retort but Stefan intercedes.

"Caroline, why don't you come dance with me, hm?"

Caroline takes his hand and they move to the dance floor, leaving Elena looking rather smug and Rosalind looking at her in annoyance.

A few moments later Rosalind walks over to Caroline. "I'm going to go home."

"What? No! It's supposed to be friend prom."

"I know, and I'll make it up to you. I promise."

•••

Rosalind woke up a couple hours later to Klaus sitting at the end of her bed, holding a letter out to her.

    Klaus, I hear Elijah has refused you the cure and in return, you have refused me my freedom. Shame on you both. But while you boys sort out your problems, I have one last thing to offer you. I've caught wind that there is a witch in New Orleans named Jane-Anne Deveraux plotting a move against you. Hunt her down. What she has to say will rattle you so deeply to your core that chasing little old me will be the least of your concerns. It's been a fun five centuries, Klaus, but I've worn down too many good heels running from you. Love, and hate, Katerina.

Rosalind smirks sitting up. "I guess we're going to New Orleans."

Klaus smiles but it Soon drops "Roz, I couldn't ask you to up and leave like that."

"I don't mind. I want to come with you, I don't have anything here that stops me from going."

"Rebekah?"

Rosalind sighs "I love her, but I need to be away from her for a while until I figure out what I want in life." Rosalind then begins to smile. "Plus you can't cause havoc without me."

A/N: This is the end of Incorrigible, thank you all for reading it. There will be a second book called Formidable, and I will make an update soon for when it's posted.