Chapter Twenty-Seven

A/N: Rosalind's outfit above is worn throughout the chapter. Also bring the tissue box out.

A View to a Kill

Damon was in the cellar, looking very weak

Damon was in the cellar, looking very weak. He stood up to grab the water bottle Stefan left for him and in doing so he sees Rosalind and Klaus standing on the other side.

"Hello, mate."

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Rosalind smiles "babysitting."

"Oh."

"Give him a vial of blood every couple of hours, so he doesn't desiccate. If he gets too much strength back, or if he just annoys you, bleed him out again."

"Silent treatment, huh? Is that your best shot? He's still pissed at me for sleeping with Elena."

"You sure about that? 'Cause I saw him trying to sneak out of Rebekah's bed this morning, which would suggest to me that he's moved on."

"So has Rebekah, it seems." Rosalind spoke quietly as Klaus gave her a sympathetic look.

"Well, why don't you three enjoy your little, uh, villain bonding time? I'll let you know when I get the dagger from Rebekah." Stefan leaves.

While Klaus was walking around and Damon is lying down on the bed, Rosalind gets a text.

Koala Bear: I'm at the Gilbert Residence if you'd like to join me.

"This has been fun, but I'm going to head out."

...

Rosalind walked into the house just as they were finishing their Silas conversation.

"That's pretty biblical."

"Well, that's the other problem with people today, they've lost faith. And in that loss, they no longer know who they should fear."

"Very well said, Kol." Rosalind said as she walked closer to the pair.

Kol and Rosalind were walking around Kol picks up a framed photograph of Elena and Jeremy joking around. They stare at is as Elena approaches them, carrying a bottle of wine.

"So we're out of gin, but I think this is a good year."

"What if I said I don't believe you"

"Okay, you caught me. I don't know anything about wine."

Kol sets the picture down. "It just seems odd that you'd be willing to give up something you want to much."

"I would do anything for my brother. And if what you're saying about Silas is true, what does it matter what I want if it puts everyone else in danger?"

"Well, this has been enlightening. Thanks for the drinks." Elena starts to panic as Kol and Rosalind moves to leave. She takes a step towards them as Kol opens the door.

"We'll take your request for a truce under advisement." Rosalind says as she steps outside.

"Is there any chance that you could be wrong about Silas?"

"Trust me, Elena. Some things are better left buried." Kol and Rosalind leave.

As they were walking to her car, Rosalind kept thinking about how this whole situation was very suspicious. "Do you believe her?"

"Not one bit."

"So we're going to go back?"

"No, just I am."

"What? Kol, no. I'm coming with you."

"I don't trust Elena, and I don't want you getting hurt."

"To bad." Before Rosalind could walk past Kol, he snapped her neck, placing an unconscious Rosalind into her car.

A while later Rosalind sat up, rubbing her neck Rosalind's eyes widen, remembering Kol. She walked inside the Gilbert's home to see the only person inside was Klaus sitting on the ground, his eyes red.

Rosalind's hands went to cover her mouth as she saw a burned body on the kitchen floor. "No! Kol!"

Klaus looked up and saw Rosalind run to Kol's body "Rosalind..."

Rosalind sat on the floor sobbing. "They killed him... they killed my best friend." She stood up and went into one of the rooms, bringing out a sheet to cover his body. Rosalind wipes her tears and looks over at Klaus with a blank face "I'm going to kill them."