Confusion And Drawings

Your welcome Camryn.

    Camryn's POV

   It was light out now but everyone was still asleep. I didn't get very much sleep last night though. I just couldn't stop thinking about what Calum said.

   I love you princess. Was he talking to me or Alice? Or maybe both? Either way he shouldn't be saying he loves us, even if he didn't know I was awake. I don't want him to get attached, because they're just going to have to go to another state and we won't be able to see each other for a long time. Besides, there was a reason we broke up with them besides distance.

   I slowly got off the floor with Alice and tip toed all around them. In the corner of the dressing room was a desk with paper, pencils, pens, crayons, and colored pencils. I sat in the seat and put Alice on the desk. She could sit by herself without falling over. I handed her a piece of paper and some crayons then grabbed some paper and a pencil for myself. I started to draw something although I was still sleepy so my mind wasn't really focused on what it was.

   A few minutes later Alice grabbed her paper with two fists and shoved it towards me. It was just a bunch of scribbles, but I'm proud of any artwork she does and I always will be. I looked down at my paper to see what I had drawn. It was a beautiful black and white drawing of a man in the dark. He was holding an infant and it looked like he was talking to the child. That's when I realized, I had drawn Calum. But what really got me was the word written above Calum and Alice. Family.

   I quickly crumpled up the paper and threw it in the trash and left Alice's drawing on the desk. We layed back down and I thought about what I had just done. I was starting to think of Calum, Alice, and I as a family. And I kind of liked it.