Review#5: Ten

Title: Ten
By: ___Yoshi___
Genre: Mystery/Thriller
Rating: 4.5/5

REVIEW:

The cover is good, not extra ordinary good but when you read the story, however, the story is more about Kate and Joe than the virus. I feel like you could add more life to the cover like some characters because to be honest, the cover and the plot does not really add up.

The blurb is good and to the point but you can still edit it to attract more readers.

The characters are well-developed.

The impulsiveness and stubbornness of Kate is pretty obvious through her action and dialogues but I think living through such dangers for a month, she could grow mature, even a bit. Such circumstances can change a person in even a week but everyone is different. Also, I get her relationship with her parents is not good but princesses are still trained to know how to act in every circumstances. If not the heir, then they are trained to know how to act before the public. Kate's nature however does not suggest such thing.

Joe, on the other hand, is quite confusing and interesting at the same time but there are some points that need to be noted. Joe, at some point, seems as if he is a selfish person and sometimes, it feels like he is not. Also, the relationship between Kate and Joe needs development. Either they are siblings who are not interested what the other one does or they care to lengths. Even if they are in between, there must be a reason why they are.

I loved how you explained Max. Even after two years, they way he gave apple to the little girl, still shows that his kind side lives through the virus.

The plot is unique but it lacks at some major departments. Many things are unclear relating to the virus and the execution. If the virus is not air-bourne, then there is a possibility that the whole UK cannot wipe in just a span of three years. People can adopt many preventions since it can only spread through physical touch. Air-bournes are the one that cause bigger damages.

Is this virus only in UK? And what other countries are doing? Are they researching for the cure and how come the rest of the world has just agreed to let the execution occur? These are the major questions that need to be answered since you have created a WORLD. I'd prefer you to add these details in your chapters too and answer these questions.

Your writing style is really good and so is your grammar. The way you explain little details and your cliffhangers makes me want to read more.

Your book is of good quality and everything is presented in a neater way. The starting and ending of chapters are chopped well.

Overall, your book is interesting and worth reading for.

Thank you for writing it.

———

huz