Review#15: Strake Woods

Title: Strake Woods
By: @Mirage112
Genre: Mystery
Chapters: 8
Score: 4/5

Title: Strake WoodsBy: @Mirage112Genre: MysteryChapters: 8Score: 4/5

REVIEW:

Cover:

Your cover is actually pretty good. It is related to the theme of your story.

Description:

It is pretty interesting and it explains pretty much the plot. I don't think it needs any more editing or stuff. It is intriguingly well descriptive.

Plot:

Alright. I don't want to be too harsh but the plot is not quite interesting.  I mean I have read so many stories based on this plot: there is a forest where no one is supposed to enter. But someone (mostly, curious teens) break that rule and then, boom! They get lost just what they were warn against and someone then sets out to find out what exactly happened.

I'm sorry but these are too common that I wasn't really interested. But I'm not saying either that it is cliche. It is alright. It wasn't really interesting to me probably because of the MC but I will talk about it under Character's heading. I don't want you to worry about it because original stories do not exist. No one can create a completely original idea. It is an illusion to do so. So, chill. But you can change a few bits in the plot. Like, instead of making the town polices lazy, you could make Maya go and sneak into their investigation or, make her go with them. Or you can make the whole town search for them, resulting in a massive amount of lost people. Like so much that the whole town is lost and now it is up to Maya to take things in her own hands. Or you can create a wholly new rule. Like the town people would not know about the forest at all; they would think it is a nice and sweet forest until SUDDENLY! People start to disappear and a catastrophe evolves all around them.

In this way, the surprise will leave the readers shocked and they will be dying to know more

I can keep on going but I think you have gotten what I mean. I am not asking you to change the plot from head to toe but a few touches, a few originality can make it interesting.