break up // 5sos part II

- Calum -

A year has past since I last talked to Calum. My best friend told me she saw him with a new girl at the mall. I didn't know if she really was his new girlfriend or if she was just another hook up for him, since he was more of a hook up type. I thought she was just another one on his list.

To be honest, I didn't really care as my friend told me she saw him with another girl.He cheated on me so many times. I was just over it. Of course it hurt like hell when I broke up with him and I was a mess afterwards. He was my first love after all. But I was over him now.

I was on my way to the bakery I worked in part times when suddenly someone bumped into me. I fell and my butt hit the ground. "Oh god I'm so - (Y/N) is that you?" I heard a familiar deep voice say. I looked up and saw Calum standing in front of me, next to him a pretty brunette girl.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I quickly shook my head and got up on my own, refusing Calum's helping hand. "It's uh good to see you. Haven't seen you in -"

"A year." I interrupted him. "Gotta go." I mumbled and walked past them. "Hey wait!" He said loudly and ran after me. "How- how have you been?" He asked.

"Okay, I've been okay." I said looking down on my feet, trying to avoid Calum's eyes. I knew I said that I was over him but seeing him again was quite awkward and I didn't really want to have a conversation with him. I just wanted to get out of the situation, away from him.

"That's good to hear." He smiled. "I miss you."

I immediately looked up at him. Was he serious? I couldn't believe what I just heard. "You what?" I asked in disbelief. "I miss you, (Y/N) I couldn't get you out of my head. Do you think we could hang out some time?" I shook my head and scoffed. "You can't be serious Calum. You cheated on me who knows how many times and now you act like nothing ever happened and you seriously ask me to hang out with you? No way in hell." I angrily replied.

"Oh come on. I'm a changed man now." He said with a smirk. "Yeah right. Just forget about it okay. I don't want anything to do with you anymore Calum." The smirk on his face vanished and he suddenly looked really hurt.

"I'm sorry I did this to you. I really am." He said and put his hands in his pockets. "Whatever. I gotta go now. I'm late for work."I said and turned around to walk away from him when I heard him say "I loved you, I really did. I still do. I really hope you're happy." And these were the last words I ever heard him say.

------

- Ashton -

One month after Ashton and I broke up I was still a mess. My best friend always tried to get me out of the house to meet new people but I always turned her down saying I wasn't ready to date yet. It was pretty obvious I still wasn't over Ashton. He tried to call a few times but I never answered my phone or returned the calls.

I knew I still loved him but I was hurt. He broke my heart and even though I was still in love with him, I wasn't ready to face him. I saw him a few times in the city and at the supermarket but I never got myself to talk to him, but my heart skipped a beat every time I saw him.

It was saturday night and I decided to make a movie night, it was one of those days where I couldn't get Ashton off of my mind. It didn't help that he tried to call earlier. I was in the middle of the second movie and half through my Ben&Jerry's when someone rang my doorbell.

I groaned and walked over to my front door wondering who it was. I didn't really feel like having company right now. I opened the door to see a huge bouquet of all my favorite flowers in front of me.