|Chapter Two| Consequences

Theme Song: I won't let you down ~ Loving Caliber

Katelyn and Aphmau stand outside of the inn. "Are you and the King a thing?" Katelyn asks.

"I was going to tell you soon then the thing with that guy happened and Aaron reacted quickly." Aphmau explains. Katelyn leans on a wooden post. "Are you okay?"

"Okay?" She lets out a short soft laugh, "I'm worried about you. That's not... normal. To date a King? Do you understand the risks?"

"A risk I'm willing to take."

"Aphmau, you don't understand. Do you think that it'll work? The King has some enemies and you could be bait to lure him out." Katelyn looks her dead in the eyes, "Do you even love him? You have to be smart about your choices."

"Maybe I do." She responds.

"Aphmau, do you know what you're doing?"

"Yes." She doesn't hesitate to answer. "I'm not a little girl anymore. I'm not hiding back your back to avoid my problems. I'm a grown woman, who can defend herself now."

"What about Garroth? Were you not in love with him?"

"I...was," She admits, "Not anymore. I'm choosing to be with Aaron."

"At least Garroth is safe."

Aphmau scoffs, "A son of O'Kasis is safer than the king of your own village? Yeah, that's smart."

"O'Kasis is a well established organization. They can protect you more than the King can." Katelyn grabs her hands, "That's all I want for you. I've watched you grow up with that reputation, I just want to see you safe."

"I'm okay now, I survived." She says, "Katelyn, I love you so much and you mean the absolute world to me, but Aaron has been added to that world now."

"He's an Ultima!" She reminds her, "Someone whose family is the reason we are at war in the first place!"

"So what? He isn't like his family! I've made my decision, I want to be with him, Katelyn!"

Katelyn sits up and walks towards the door, "Don't say I didn't warn you." She walks into the Inn. Aphmau stands out in the cold a little longer to sink in what Katelyn said.

"Aphmau." Garroth walks outside with her.

"Please leave me alone." She turns away from him. He takes off his blazer and wraps it around her shoulders.

"Garroth, you need this more than I do." She tries to take it off, but he stops her.

"I saw what happened." Garroth sees that she's on the verge of tears.

"I don't know what to do." She mumbles.

"I get where Katelyn's coming from, and I know I have no place in this conversation, but she's right. The King has some dangerous links and I don't want to see you hurt."

Aphmau takes his blazer off and throws it at him, "What's hurting me more is to see two close people in my life are against me and Aaron."

"I'm not against you-"

"Then what are you? You certainly don't agree with our relationshipYou and Katelyn don't know Aaron like I do!"

"Aphmau, calm down."

"What did you even come out here for?"

"I just want you to make absolute sure that you're ready to deal with the consequences you are putting yourself through."

"I am, I am a hundred percent sure I'm ready. It's late, I'll see you tomorrow." She walks inside of the inn, with Garroth following her.

"I don't think you're ready," He grabs her wrist to stop her. She flings his hand off.

"And why not? Because of the way I grew up? Because I was blindly kidnapped by my crazy mother?" Garroth stays silent.

She scoffs, "Unbelievable."

•○●A Purplla Publish●○•

Aphmau buttons up the large shirt and tosses her dress to the side. Aaron comes behind her, holding her waist.

"Hey, beautiful." He greets her with a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey." She whispers. Aaron spins her around and cups her face.

"What's wrong?" He asks. Aphmau gets out of his arms and sits on the bed.

"Katelyn and Garroth think I'm in danger. Because we're together." Aphmau confesses. Aaron sits down next to her.

"I know where they're coming from. With everything going on back home. They're just looking out for you."

"But that isn't their choice to make. I'm a grown woman and I decide who I want to be with." She turns her body to face him. "I want to be with you."

Aaron smiles and grabs her hands, "I want to be with you too. They want to protect you."

"But at the end of the day, it's our choice whether we are together or not. And I really, really want to be with you, Aaron. No matter the consequences." She scoots closer to him, her leg overlapping on his.

He holds it gently, "You aren't dealing with the consequences. I'll make sure there isn't any."

"Aaron," She cups his cheeks and gives him a quick peck, "One thing they were right about and that was that there are always consequences."

"You know, Lucinda made me promise something to her."

{Flashback}

Before Lucinda goes off to bed, I catch her, "Lucinda, wait!"

"Yeah?" She covers her mouth to yawn.

"Something's been on my mind and I can't talk to Aph or Kawaii~Chan about it." I say. She puts her hands on her hips and waits for me to continue.

"What if I can't keep my promise? There are so many risks of me and her taking this to the next level and I don't want to put her into any trouble."

She starts laughing at me and places one hand on my shoulder, "You won't cause her any trouble. And even if you do, I know you like her too much to lose her."

"I think it's a lot more than a like." I respond. She raises an eyebrow at me.

"By the way you guys act, this is a new thing and you haven't known each other that long. There is no way in the Nether you love her yet."

"What if I do?"

She tuts, "Oh Aaron, Aaron, Aaron." She repeats my name, "How do you know it's love?"

"Because I feel it." I look out the window. "There's no way Irene would bring us together at the time we both needed it."

Lucinda smiles at me, "Wow." She laughs, "You can keep your promise, dear."

She adds, "And if you do break your promise to that beautiful woman out there, I'll make spiders come on of your ears."

"I promise."

{The Present}

"That promise is something I know will have some kind of bump in the road. But here's another promise I can make you," He leans his forehead against hers. "I won't let you down."

•○●A Purplla Publish●○•

Hehehe see what I did at the end there?

Thank you so much for reading this chapter that I had a hard time writing.

Until next time,

~Purplla 💜