|Chapter Seven| I prefer the term woman

Aphmau zips up her snowsuit and looks back up at the vent, "Travis, when do the guards go on their breaks again?"

"Fifteen minutes." He answers.

"And where will the prisoners be at that time?"

"Either at the courtyard or their cell."

"Are you positive?"

"Couldn't be more genuine."

"Blaze, lift me up." Aphmau says as Blaze picks her up over his shoulder. She examines the vent and how it's closed. "Thanks." She taps his head and he lowers her back down to the ground.

"Any plans, princess?" Travis asks.

Aphmau rolls her eyes and faces Garroth, "In fifteen minutes, I need you to make sure there aren't guards nearby. Got it?"

"Aph, what if this plan doesn't work? There's been plenty of attempted just in the past week, none to work."

"We need to at least try. It's better than waiting around for Irene knows how long." She says, "Trust me."

He's hesitant, but nods anyway. "Good. Can you pass me all of the sheets you can tally in the cell? We'll need something to climb down on."

•○●A Purplla Publish●

"

Ready, boys?" She asks and they all nod. Blaze lifts her over his shoulder so Aphmau could reach the vent.

"Nail." She holds her hand out and Travis passes her a nail. She tries her best to unscrew two nails from the vent, which she's successfully. "You think you can raise me higher?" She asks and Blaze gets on his tip toes.

She grabs ahold of the edges and pulls herself up. As soon she's in the vent pipes, Garroth tosses the sheets up and Aphmau starts to tie the tips tightly together.

"Who's first?" She whispers while lowering the sheet down. Travis doesn't hesitate to grab on and climb up.

"Hopefully this works." He says.

"You're already up here. We're halfway there." She lowers it back down for Blaze to grab on. Aphmau and Travis pull him up quickly and she lowers it down for Garroth.

"Hurry, I think I hear something!" He whispers as he holds on to the sheet and he gets lifted by Blaze and Travis.

"You guys go first. I'll close the vent up." Aphmau whispers. Blaze and Travis agree and start crawling but Garroth stays behind.

"Let me stay with you. Just in case." That was no point in fighting in, so Aphmau just nods and closes the vent. "You're doing a good job at holding up."

"What do you mean?" Aphmau starts screwing the screws back in.

"The way you're taking control without cracking under pressure. I admire it."

"I'm just doing what's necessary." She makes sure it's secure. "Now come on before those two idiots get us caught." She starts crawling towards the direction Blaze and Travis took off in.

"Aph?" Garroth asks, making Aphmau turn around.

"Yeah?"

"I- Actually, nevermind." He stops himself.

"If you say so." She shrugs and keeps crawling.

"I love you." He mumbles and follows her.

~~~

Blaze punches the vents to the outside and the door fell. "Well, that's one way of opening it." Aphmau ties one end of the sheet tightly to a pole and she lets the other one fall to the ground.