|Chapter Eight| Aphhhhhhhhhmauuuuuuuu

"How's the suit?" Aphmau says as she cleans her wound and Aaron zips up his snowsuit.

"Surprisingly itchy," He responds, bending down to Aphmau and taking the rag of her. "But we should be more worried about your wound before it gets infected." He starts cleaning it up for her.

She winces, "This isn't bad. We didn't have to stop; we could've kept going and we'd be there soon." She says.

"You're hurt, Aph. We can't travel until this gets cleaned and patched." His other hand lays on her good cheek, "I want you better before we continue." He says.

"Thank you, Aaron." She pecks him on the lips.

●A Purplla Publish●

"What's with the long face?" Travis sits next to Garroth, who's watching Aaron clean up Aphmau's wound. "You've been watching her since we got settled in. I mean, I don't blame you, she's mega hot, but I assume that guy's her boyfriend?"

He sighs, "Unfortunately."

"Unfortunately? He seems like a swell guy. What's ruffling your feathers- oh." Travis catches on. "You like her. You like her like her. "

Garroth faces away from Travis

"No point in hiding it. You're a real obvious guy." Travis looks at Aphmau who's laughing with Aaron, "I'd be surprised if she didn't know. You ever tell her about your feelings?:

"No," He answered, "I pushed her away as children when she actually liked me and seeing her now, I... I regret it."

"Yeah, she probably got hotter." Travis jokes.

"Travis!" Garroth scowls, "She's a lot more than a face. She's... resourceful, smart, she knows how to brighten anyone's day... and yet she's so beautiful." Garroth says.

"Wow man, you really like her." Travis says, "I think you should say something to her."

"Travis, that's a terrible idea. I've already upset her twice since we've been here." Garroth points to Aphmau's arms around Aaron's torso, both slowly falling asleep on each other.

"What'd you do?"

"I kinda maybe sorta told her that.... I don't trust Aaron." He confesses.

"You're one brave guy for thinking you'll win this fight. I've known her for, what, three days?" Travis laughs. "She'll eat you alive."

"Thanks, Travis, you're such a good friend." Garroth rolls his eyes.

~~~

"Aphmau." A whisper.

"Aphhhhhhhhhmauuuuuuuu." There it was again. She finally woke up to Aaron still resting on her and everyone else asleep.

"Aphhhhhhhhhmauuuuuuuu." She knew this voice wasn't going to leave her alone. She took Aaron's arms from around her off and lifted his head off and propped it against the ground. She slowly got up and tip toed to where the whisper was coming from.

"Aphmau." She hears it again, but this time a little louder. It wasn't Katelyn nor Travis or Garroth or Blaze. All sound asleep, stuck in a daze.

So where was it coming from? "Aphmauuuuuuuu." Yeah, she wasn't brushing this off. She left camp and walked between the trees, getting a step closer and closer to whoever- or whatever- was calling her name.

"Aphhhhhhhhh." This was nearby. She kept walking closer until a hand flew on her mouth.

"Let me go!" Aphmau's muffled voice didn't help. She noticed who it was. Of course. With her elbow, she elbowed him in the gut and he let go of her. "What the bloody hell is wrong with you?!" She says.

"You aren't safe here. You need to go." Gene says.

"And you thought it wasn't dangerous to try and gag me?!" She says as Gene holds his gut.

"How else was I supposed to get your attention?"

"By your loud ass whispering! How did you know I was here?" She asks. "... Did you follow me?"

"I had to. I had to warn you. The next town over is Lucrua. Not exactly a safe place. You need to either turn back or go back to wherever you came from."

"Goodbye, Gene." She turns around to walk away, but Gene grabs her wrist.

"Listen to me." He says. His hand was taken off of her and he was pushed to the ground.

"Get your hands off of her!" Aaron growls as Gene stands up and dusts himself off.

"You're heading towards Lucrua, and trust me with I say this, that isn't a wise choice." Gene tried again.

"We don't even know who you are. You could be a crazy man for all we know." Aaron brings Aphmau towards him.

"Aphmau knows me." He faces her, "Please say you trust me."

"Aph, what does he mean?" Aaron asks and Aphmau looks up at him then back at Gene.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know you." She says.

"Yes you do! Yes you do!" Gene gets worked up, "Don't you dare put on this act for him!" He points to Aaron.

"Let's go Aph." Aaron grabs her hand.

"No, listen to me." Gene hisses.

"No." Aphmau says. "Why are you so intrigued with me? We've only talked once."

"I thought you haven't talked to him." Aaron says. Gene goes in to tackle Aaron, jerking Aphmau down to the ground.

Before Gene could do anything else, Aaron punches him hard, causing Gene to fall out unconscious.

Aaron helps Aphmau up, "We gotta talk."

●A Purplla Publish ●

Until next time,

~Purplla 💜