|Chapter Sixteen| And I still love you

She turns around to face him immediately, "You think he's here?" She runs up to him. He looks to the left and starts sniffing even more.

"Yes, but the smell is getting weaker."

"That means they're moving! We gotta catch up to them before they get away!" She grabs his wrist and starts running towards the direction Aaron was sniffing in.

"Aren't we supposed to wait for the others to get here?"

"We don't have time if there's a chance he's here. Is the smell getting stronger?" He takes a big whiff and nods.

"They've been here a while. They could know we're here since we've been poking around this place." They stop at a gravel walk and Aphmau stops.

"Are you sure it was in this direction?"

"I'm sure."

●A Purplla Publish●

"This place is starting to get boring real fast." Ein complains, "We should move locations."

"Just because the place is getting boring." The High Priest repeats what Ein said.

"And it's been a week. Aren't you concerned that Aphmau and Aaron are close to us? They catch on fast."

"This is what we want, Ein. We want her to bring Aaron to us. I could care less about Zach." He points to Zach asleep on the ground in a cell. "And you DO want revenge, correct?"

Ein looks at Zach as well, "More than anything."

"Then when she arrives, show Zach what it's like to lose someone important to you."

"And how do you plan for me to do that?" The High Priest reaches into his deep pocket and pulls out a short dagger.

"Take away the most important thing in his life." He takes Ein's hand and places the dagger handle in his palm. "And that's Aphmau."

"You want me to kill her?"

"Do you have a better plan?" He asks, "Or are you going to put on your big boy pants and handle this?"

He looks at the daggers then grips it. "I want him to feel how I felt all those years and I want it to sting. Bad."

"Then sting his daughter and that will serve the job. You get revenge... and I get an Ultima. Sound like a plan?"

"Sounds perfect."

The High Priest smirks.

"Joseph!" He calls and a man looks up from the other side of the room while sitting on the floor. "I also need your help."

Joseph jilts to the High Priest's side.

"If he can't complete the job, then you do it." He only nods and stands in place.

"I smell something." Ein says while sniffing around.

"Like what?"

"Like Aphmau."

~~~

"Why did you leave them alone? You know they're feuding." Katelyn walks down the stairs with Garroth, Blaze, and Travis tailing behind her.