Chapter 66: The storm

Akako angrily wipes her tears away, but they keep falling. A sob racks her body and she slides down her door in a heap. Her chest aches, not in the usual pain, but as though she were yearning for something. She was. She wanted her Senpai back. She wanted her big brother back.

Tsubasa was always there for Akako, even when she was having a bad day and tried to push him away.

His care free smile appears in her head, making her heart twist more. Her face scrunches up as she finally allows herself to be overcome with the weight of the incident.

 Her face scrunches up as she finally allows herself to be overcome with the weight of the incident

As she's hiccuping, Akako feels a cool breeze. Her teary blue eyes make their way upwards, landing on the now open window. A silhouette is on her windowsill, but the moonlight allows her eyes to adjust as she slowly makes out the person.

He is covered in bruises and scratches, dried up blood also present on him. Dirt covered his skin like a map, as he slightly panted. The male slowly bends down and makes it to the inside of the window, still crouched on the wooden frame.

Akako scrambles up and dashes towards him. She carefully takes his face into her hands as she looks into his piercing eyes. She scans his face, looking for any signs that indicated that he was in pain; her eyes anchored on the now dried blood that creates a brown colored patch on his shirt.

"Natsume..." she whispers.

The boy could not meet her eyes. He instead gazed into the space that separated them. He takes a quiet deep breath, not knowing how he could face her.

"Until I found him..." Natsume starts, his eyes drooping slightly as he thinks about how heartbroken the blonde looks. "I wasn't planning on seeing anyone." He admits. Natsume wanted to retrieve his 'partner' because he felt guilty. He knew how much Tsubasa meant to him and his other classmates. No matter how much they don't show it.

Akako stares at the boy, her heart stopping for a moment. She gives a small sad smile, bowing her head a little as she rests it on his knees. "You're Alright... Yogata.." she mumbles.

Although she is still worried out of her mind over her Senpai, she was also very concerned about Natsume.

"I came here, because I somehow knew..." Natsume sighs and looks away from her. Her eyes look back up at him, "I somehow knew that you were crying alone...."

With those words, he penetrated her heart. Her tears started to flow down her face once more, causing Natsume to enter the room. He sat on the ground and leaned against the wall as Akako collapsed into his arms.

Her own hands wind around his neck, gripping him in a tight embrace as she hides her flushed face in his neck. Natsume holds the girl as she whimpers, feeling her hot tears fall onto his neck and shoulders. He doesn't give them any thought. The girl that he loved was in pain, and he needed to comfort her.