Aftertime 2

Susie walked down the sidewalk of the town. The memories of her life rushed into her mind and her ears, thinking of them, as well as hearing them. She hung her head low. She went up to the front of the QC's Diner. She had distinctly remembered the time they shared one of the happiest moments in their lives. Or, at least it was hers. She took a deep breath in and walked into the establishment.

The colors had not changed, and the familiar smell was enough for her to smile. The place was quiet, and only a handful of people were present. She took a seat at a booth. She breathed quietly. And then there he was.

?: Hey Susie.

She startlingly looked up and saw Asriel.

S: Hey Azzy.

A: Been a minute since I saw you. Mind if I take a seat?

S: Go right ahead.

Asriel sat down across from the booth.

A: You ok? Did I scare you?

S: No, not at all! It's just..well..you sound like him.

A: Oh..Sorry.

S: It's alright.

The waitress came up to their booth.

W: Hi Azzy. Hey Susie.

A/S: Sup.

W: What can I get for you two?

S: A hot cocoa.

Her instinct spoke for her. She was surprised she said it.

A: Y'know what? I'll have what she's having.

W: Comin' right up.

The waitress walked away.

S: God, I'm trying to forget him, and yet I say it.

A: Well, 3 months should be enough time.

S: It should! But I just can't forget him. He was perfect, and we were happy, weren't we?

A: I know my brother. He wouldn't just do such a thing.

S: True. He's the smartest guy I know.

A: So he must've done it for something.

The waitress came back with two hot cocoas and placed them on the table. Susie reached into her pocket, but the waitress grabbed her shoulder.

W: It's on me. You've been through enough.

She walked away. Susie had a hard time trying to not cry on the spot.

A: I know it's hard, but he's not going away forever. I know him. He's got a master plan. You made him the happiest I've ever seen him. He has something in mind, I know he does. Come hell or high water, he'll do something.

That was all it took for Susie to burst into tears. She layed her arms and her head on the table. Her sobs were heard throughout the diner. Suddenly, all the waitresses had come out and went over to their booth. They all started comforting her all at the same time. Azzy thought, "Kris, you better have a plan. I don't know where you are, but whatever you did, I know wasn't meant to hurt her. But here she is. So do something. Anything! Just do something."