Two years ago

"Welcome everyone to States Airways, this is your Pilot speaking and we would like to wish you a pleasant flight. For further information about the safety procedures please look at the pamphlet in front of you."

I take the pamphlet and start reading the instructions.

"Nyra what are you doing?" Jack asked. He grabbed the pamphlet from my hand and started to read it himself.

"Hey! I was reading that, take your own." I respond, and I grabbed the pamphlet back out of his hands. I stuck my tongue out at him, and gave him my victory smile.

I felt Jack's head on my shoulder, and I turned to look at him. He looked ridiculously handsome with his messy dark brown hair. I started to run my hand through his hair.

"C'mon baby, leave the damn pamphlet alone and sleep with me. This is a really long flight and I'm really tired." He yawned. Putting the pamphlet down I made a mental note to read it later. It never hurt to know that kind of information. I leaned against his head and held his hand in mine, loving the way his hand fit with mine. Almost as if it was perfect. Slowly but surely I started to drift into sleep, welcoming it with open arms.

~~~~~~

"This is your captain speaking, please return to your seats and fasten your seatbelts immediately, it seems to be that we have hit some turbulence."

Slowly I opened my eyes, blinking back to reality and saw that Jack was still sleeping soundly. Smiling to myself I start to look around the airplane. After what the captain had said everyone had returned back to their seats and were holding onto something. I could feel the airplane bumping and I decided to read the pamphlet one last time.

Suddenly the airplane jerked violently and the overhead bins started to open. The one on top of ours opened and the bag fell out. With this, Jack jolted awake looking around frantically.

"Nyra, what just happened?!"

"I don't know Jack, but I'm starting to get scared."

The airplane jerked violently again and more bags started falling, and now people were screaming and the children were crying.

"Ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking, please can everyone calm down and settle down in their seats please." His voice wavers a little bit before he continues. "It seems that we have flown straight into a thunderstorm so we will be experiencing some more turbulence. Please remain seated in your seats and please follow the brace positions shown in the pamphlet on page one."

Jack and I looked at each other in fear of what was about to happen next. We both get into the brace positions when the first wave of turbulence hits. This has our entire airplane rocking from side to side, moving everything and making the remaining bags fall.

Suddenly the lights turn off and the oxygen masks are deployed.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please put on your oxygen masks, the cabin has lost air pressure as we have just been hit by lightning. Adults put on and adjust your masks first before you do it for your children."

We feel the plane start to plummet. I put on my oxygen mask and grab Jack's hand. He does the same and we sit there trying to control our breathing. Tears threaten to spill down my cheeks but I will them to go away. This was a situation in which I had to be strong. For Jack.

"Ladies and gentlemen we will need to do an emergency exit out of the plane so please put on your life jackets which are situated underneath your seats and fasten them. Pull the strap so that the life jacket is inflated and please remove any sharp items such as high heels, earrings and phones."

We do everything the captain is telling us until we feel the thud of the plane hitting the water. The aisle lights are turned on and the slides are deployed out of the emergency exit and into the water. We have no other choice but to stay in the water until help arrives.

Holding Jack's hand I go into the water and the light on life vest turns on, to signal any people who can help us. The water is piercing cold, like knives going against my skin. I knew I wasn't going to survive for long, I knew Jack wasn't going to survive for long. Still holding his hand I turned so that I was facing him properly. Now I couldn't stop the tears from running down my cheeks. They were running so fast, as if they were racing each other. He was sobbing too knowing what was to come.

"I love you Jack, if I-I don't m-make it alive I want you to know, I love you so much." I sob. I grab his hands and hold on as tight as I could. "Babe, I love you so much to. I will always be with you. Wherever, in the afterlife, in the next life. I will be with you." He replied chattering.

As I held onto him I noticed something. His life vest was smaller than mine. In fact it seemed to be almost deflated. I grabbed him and started shaking him. "Jack. JACK wake up. Jack why are your eyes closed. JACK!!" Still no response. I was beginning to get tired. The cold in the air, the cold in the water, they were both piercing me, and breathing had started to become difficult. I had accumulated frost on my hair and my legs were barely moving. I couldn't muster up the strength to keep my eyes open. I closed my eyes and leaned against his chest, desperate to hear his heartbeat and feel warm again. "Jack" I croaked. "I'll never let you go" I couldn't help but give in to the sleep.