1

Helen's POV

Time for the basics. I'm Helen DeCarlo, I'm a senior, and this is my story. Well, more of our story, but whatever. Yeah, our. You'll have to read to find out.

Today was the first day of my last year until college, and I was very excited, which is unusual. I went to a boarding high school with my best friends, Sierra, Gino, and Alika. Sierra and Gino have been my best friends since kindergarten, but I met Alika in freshman year. Even though I consider them to be my closest friends, I still hung out with my other friends since kinder, Rachel, Jake, Diego, Brady, Haley, and Logan. Sierra and Gino have known them since kinder too, so we all try to get together a lot. It's a bit of a struggle though, since Brady and Logan go to a different private high school just for guys, which is pretty far from here, and Haley, Jake, Rachel, and Diego go to a public high school which actually isn't too far from here. In college it may be even harder though, so I'm not complaining. Anyway, back to school.

I quickly received my schedule from the secretary, and ran off to find Sierra, Gino, and Alika. We have a secret meeting spot by an orange tree outside, so I sit by the tree. Soon, Sierra and Gino come out, hand in hand. They've been dating since 7th grade, which to me, is a long, long, time. They didn't want to separate after middle school, so Sierra convinced her parents to send her to our high school- Glenrose High. They came over and sat down next to me. As soon as they did, I stole their schedules, and compared them. I saw Alika earlier, and she said she was going to the cafeteria for breakfast, so I had stolen her schedule too. I quickly noticed all the classes we all had together. "We all have English for first period together, then Sierra and Alika have Math for second period together, and Gino and I have Social Science together for second period. Then, we all have P.E together for third period, after that I have French for fourth period while you three have Spanish together, then Gino and I have Math together for fifth period while Alika and Sierra have Social Science for fifth, and finally we all have Science for sixth period," I say, and hand Sierra and Gino back their schedules. Alika comes by soon after with a bagel and apple, and I hand her her schedule and tell her the arrangments. After that, I eat her apple, and we all go to first period.

"Hello class, I'm Mrs. Blanchard," our English teacher says. "Please stand by the door while I tell you the seating chart." Most teachers have seating charts, but some do, so I hope most of my teachers don't have them. Mrs. Blanchard starts reading of the seating chart, but I don't pay attention. "DeCarlo, Helen," she calls. I look up, and walk over to a desk with no partner. Maybe my partner is Alika or Sierra or Gino! I look around, and frown. Alika is sitting next to Sierra, and Gino sits two rows behind me, next to a guy with glasses and copper hair. "Valentine, Tara," Mrs. Blanchard says, pointing to the desk next to mine. A girl I've never seen before comes to sit next to me. She has brown, wavy hair, and sea green eyes. "I'm Tara," she says. "I'm new here. My old school had a contest to win a free scholarship here, so me and some other people won." "What school did you go to?" I ask. "Paradise Falls," she answers. "Oh, some of my friends go there. Do you know Rachel Evergloss, Diego Rivera, Jake Evergloss, or Haley Skillet?" I ask. "Oh yeah! Diego, Jake, and Rachel pranked pretty much everyone in the school. Haley tried to stop them, but...," Tara says. I laugh. That sounds like them, all right. Idiots.