9 (pt.1)

Easton's POV
Today is the day I kill Helen. Great? I watch her in her chair, fiddling with her fingers and ignoring the world. I remember our date, and how she lit up as soon as she saw the stars. She was so happy and beautiful-and I had to kill this happy and beautiful wild girl. I wish I had never joined the gang, but if I didn't join, I would be dead right now.

-------Flashback--------
I walked in the party swagaliciously with my girlfriend, Amelia. I was proud to have her around my arm, and made sure the world knew that she was my girl. Amelia was everything to me. She was also beautiful, intelligent, socially intelligent, professional, funny when appropriate, and absolutely lovely. Ugh, I sound like a girl right now. Seeing my friend Ryder, I turn to Amelia. "I'll be right back, Lia," I say, using my nickname for her, and head over to Ryder. "East! Hey!" Ryder says. "Hey Ryder. How ya doing?" I ask. Suddenly all traces of emotion disappear off of Ryder's face. "What's wrong?" I ask. Ryder can't pull away his gaze, so I turn around to see what he's looking at. As soon as I do, I regret it. I see Amelia, kissing Chance, one of my best friends. Angry, I stomp over to them. "Lia, what the heck is this?!" I demand to know. Seeing me, Amelia pulls away. "It's not what it looks like, babe! Chance kissed me!" Amelia says. I roll my eyes. "Nice try, Lia. But I saw you kissed him back, so don't even," I say. "We're done, Lia. And you!" I say, pointing to Chance. "You were my best friend! How could you do this to me?! I hate you, Chance. Go rot in ****." I stalk away, angrily and open the door, which leads to an alley. I lean back on the wall and run my hands through my hair. I thought Lia cared. I thought Chance cared. Suddenly, a hand smacks across my mouth. I open my eyes to see about 10 figures surrounding me. It's a gang! I had been warned about gangs nearby, but at the time I didn't care. "If you know what's good for you, you'll come with us," a figure says. I nod, and follow them to their car. After a 8 minute drive, we arrive at what looks like an abandoned building. We all walk inside, and another figure motions for me to sit in a chair. I do. "You have two options," one of the figures, most likely the gang leader, booms. "You can either be killed, or join our gang." I think for a minute. I could get revenge on Lia and Chance! Of course I wouldn't kill them, but I could get revenge. You know, scare them a little. "I'll join," I say. One figure turns the lights on, and I see the figures clearly now. From now on, I guess they're my future.
-------Flashback Over-------

Helen reminds me of Lia. Well, when Lia was alive, of course. When I joined, I didn't think I had to kill anyone. Now here I am, three years later. I've killed thousands, including Lia, Chance, and Ryder. And Helen is next, although I sort of wish she wasn't.