01 Arriving there

KIM Woyoung POV

It was a long ride to my aunt Cara house.
My dad was busy driving, my mom was sleeping and my cousin Chenle was there reading comics.
I did have some comic books with me but it was in my luggage.

I was leaning against the door looking out the window watching as trees and grass past by.
Aunt Cara lives in a old neighbor hood that was about 5 hours away from where we lived.
So why bring our luggage's? Well because my mom hasn't seen her sister so long she wanted stay and she also wanted us to stay and take care of her since aunt Cara was getting old.

Also why is my cousin Zhong Chenle doing here?
Well he is also related to aunt Cara.
My mom wanted him to tag along because his mom wanted him to meet aunt Cara.
Chenle and I are pretty close cousins and we understand each other.

Can't you also believe it? Chenle and I are both mixed.
I am mixed with American and Korean while Chenle is mixed with Chinese and Korean and yet we are blood related.

Enough about myself.

When we arrived at a neighborhood, I saw some marketplace and people shopping like in the 1990s style.
I also saw kids younger and some kids my age which made me feel nervous.
But I gotta say, it looks pretty cool.

I wanted to shop there when I can.
When we arrive at aunt Cara's house, her house was big and red.
My dad parked the car in front of the house and got out. My mom woke up and the first thing she did was yawn.
" Chenle " I said as I nudge his arms " We're here "
He looked away from his book and at me.
" Yes I know " he said " I'm not stupid "

" Who said you were? "

He got off the car and I got off after him.
We went to the back and carried both of my luggage's.
I don't know why but all Chenle brought was a big black suitcase and that's it.
My legs suddenly hurt because I probably must have sat on them while the ride here.

Chenle seems to noticed and said
" Do you need help? "

Aunt cara's door suddenly opened and she greeted us.
My mom hugged her and they were having a little talk.
" Yes please help me " I said to Chenle.
I gave him both of my luggage's and walked away.
" Oh also remember! " I said as I turned around to see him there holding 3 suitcases " My stuff are in the pink luggages and my comics are in the green one "

" Wait so are you saying that I'm gonna unpack your stuff?! " he said " Do it yourself! "
" I didn't ask you to unpack it for me " I said " I only said it because I want you to be careful with them since there is some fragile items "

He rolled his eyes and we both got inside.
The house was neat and tidy. It was also big and I see some wildflowers sitting on tables.
I saw some paint and a family pictures hung up against the walls.

We both took our shoes off and started to explore a bit.
" Look! " I said pointing to a picture " Is that my mom?! "
Chenle came and looked at the photo.
" Seems like it " he said " I also found a picture of you "

I looked at him with the " What? " face.
" Follow me " he said and I did.
There, I saw a picture of when I was a baby and there was one when aunt Cara was carrying me and she looked younger there.
Not only there were baby pictures but I also saw a picture of myself sitting at a beautiful bench and smiling widely.

My blonde hair was the same as the picture and that was taken when I was 14 and I'm now 15.
My mom would usually send Aunt Cara pictures of us when she wants to see us and she will copy it and hang them in the wall.
Not only there was pictures of me but Chenle too.
There was a baby picture of him and childhood photos and a picture of him when he was 16.
He's now 17.

I smile at the pictures even if I never seen some of it.
" Chenle? " a voice called out " Woyoung? "
We both turned around and see aunt Cara there smiling while holding some plates of chocolate chips cookies.
" How are my lovely kids doing? " she said as she sat the place and opened her arms.
I hugged her and she hugged me back.
" You've grown much taller than before " she said " You've grown over the years "

I let go and wiped the tears on her face.
Aunt Cara really loves us and treats us like we are her daughter and sons.
She also pulled Chenle in a hug too which made him startled for a moment.
" Chenle you've grown too! " she said
" You were so small when you were a baby and look at you now "
He gave a nervous laughter.
I feel the same.
He was so small back then and now he's tall.
I don't know what happened but I don't want to know what happened to him.

————————