3🎒

• JHENÉ'S P O V•

• JHENÉ'S P O V•

I nervously strolled into my english class, I froze at the door feeling everyone's eyes were on me. I hated it, it makes me feel so uncomfortable.

My instincts were correct.

He was in my class sitting at the back with his head down with an empty seat beside him while the group of friends he was with were sitting at the front.

I wonder why he's not sitting with them.

I watched the boy with the durag who tapped him earlier turn around to face him after he saw me.

Couple seconds after he made eye contact with me before quickly putting his head back down.

I heard the class whispering amongst each other trying to figure who I was. I tried to ignore them but they wasn't exactly being quiet about it.

"Hello, you must be jhené welcome, i'm miss shirley it's so nice to meet you" the teacher walked over to me and smiled. She looked around her early fourties.

I nodded shyly. "t-thanks" I gave a small smile.

The teacher quickly skimmed around the class to see if there was anywhere that she could put me.

"well jhené it seems that majority of the seats has been taking up- oh nope there's one by jahseh at the back" she pointed to where the chair was and I nodded.

I slowly walked to the back of the class until I got the seat I was assigned to.

I pulled out the chair to sit down and the boy quickly lifted his head up from the table to look at me.

He was very intimidating to me, whenever he looked at me I felt like he was trying to figure me out, put all my pieces together.

We looked at each other for a minute before i started feeling nervous, diverting my eyes to my lap.

He didn't look away straight away until the teacher started speaking.