4🎒

• JHENÉ'S P O V•

• JHENÉ'S P O V•

Class was over and everybody was getting up to leave, I picked up the paper I was writing in along with the text book we were given.

I put my pen in my bag and made my way to the desk to place my paper into the red box.

As I was walking towards the door I saw my sister applying lip gloss while looking into her make up mirror.

When I got close enough I tapped her shoulder to get her attention and she turned to me.

"aye we gotta leave, akari and aio wants us to come in for rehearsals" she said as she was putting her mirror away.

I squinted my eyes.

"right now?" I said with a confused look and she nodded.

I just shrugged knowing we had no choice but to go even if I tried to fight against it.

My sister is in a girl group and I'm working as an independent artist.

Ive been writing music and singing all my life but didn't start officially until I was 14. Ive got some recognition from the outside world but rarely any of the school's I attended has heard my music, I don't even think they know I do it.

It was my little secret kinda.

•••

"well well well if it isn't jamila"

Me and my sister both turned around to see this mixed race girl with curly hair with 2 other girls.

My sister instantly sighed in annoyance, kissing her teeth slowly afterwards.

"nice to see you too geneva" my sister sarcastically smiled.

"wish I could say the same" she sarcastically smiled back while her two friends where giggling away.

I watched as my sister began to get heated, she was the hot headed one and I would often have to tap into my cool and collective ness too calm her down sometimes.