Chapter 14: devil's playground (part 1)

"Namn?" I stutter, pushing myself slowly away. For some reason, my senses are on high alert. He's my brother, I shouldn't be afraid. But he seems different. I look up into his face. His violet eyes are daggers, and remind me of........ father. I gasp and shoot back the other way I came. It can't be father, I'm just being silly. I cringe as I fly past sharp wire.

Suddenly, a strong hand grabs my shoulder and throws me to the floor. I see Namn above me, his face red with anger.

"You didn't come home with me." He states, breathing hard.

"You're right," I reply, ignoring the beating of my heart. "I didn't. I went with my friends."

"The enemies." Namn corrected.

"The enemies!?!" I scream, surprising myself along with Namn. "They took me in when I fell to Earth! I could've been alone on the streets forever! I was LUCKY to find them!!"

"It was a curse from our father! You are a discrase!"

"Namn!" I cry, running away. How could he say that to me? He was my twin; a twin is the closet of siblings! Tears spill out of my eyes like rain drops. How could he? How COULD he?

I fell against a corn stark. But, I pushed myself up imminently. If my friends were fighting, so would I. My heart turned cold after Namn's reaction. Did I really expect him to be the same little boy from the Angelic world? Well, he's not. I scream at nothing, the anger swelling in me.

I am an angel by blood. But I will be a demon today. My family's enemy. But my family is gone; ripped away by time and the cruel universe. I was naive. Now I am not.

I am Julian Zanderson. I am powerful.

No you're not. A voice rings in my head.