chapter 2

Armaan was heading downstairs when he heard a child crying making him stop his step there. " who is crying?" He asked a servant who was walking nearby.
" Sir...Sir..., its Aria baby, the child Sir brought today," the servant stammered.
He pinched his lips thinking that the girl his mom talked about was so young, from the high pitched cries, Armaan could tell that baby wasn't older than 2 years old.
Armaan forced his way down, thankfully his parents were there for dinner and settled down and said: " mom, the baby is crying".His mom sighed and said, "I hired her previous nanny so that it would be easy for the baby to settle, but the baby keeps crying on small things, I called the doctor also, he said nothing is wrong, she is just irritated." His father didn't make any comment.
Armaan was disturbed but he stopped thinking about it and got busy in his stuff. he loves his younger brother but they weren't attached, maybe because of the age difference or because his brother was a total nerd who preferred reading than any other thing.
Next day, after coming from school, he headed towards his room and again heard the child crying, her room was the one in front of stairs, whereas Armaan's was at the end of the corridor.
He freshened up and decided to head down but the baby's cries were now full-on wails, he couldn't hold it anymore and opened the door and saw a middle-aged woman sitting beside the baby's cradle and trying to quieten her, but tiresomeness on her face was clear.
He went near the crib and saw that the baby girl's face is red from crying continuously and tears are streaking her cheeks .his heart constricted seeing her crying and he picked up the baby without a second thought. he couldn't understand, how the lady was just sitting beside her without consoling her.
He cradled the baby in his arms and started rocking her, soon she stopped crying but her breathing was still irregular from crying.
" why was she crying? " Armaan asked the lady in a strict tone.
" ma'am used to handle her, I only took care of her feeding and other things as she is not used to me she starts crying every few minutes," the nanny told him, telling about Aria's mom.
His heart melted, thinking about the small baby was missing her mother ." How old is she? " he asked.
" she is only 10 months old," the nanny said.
The baby was relaxed now, her face hidden on his side. He kissed her head and laid her back, she looked at him with her curious eyes. he smiled and touched her cheek and turned to leave but his mind was thinking about his actions as it was NOT him smiling and caring for a baby. He was close to the door when Aria started crying again ." Is she hungry? " Armaan asked and picking her up."no, I have fed her just a now," she said.
He also understood that she wasn't hungry as she stopped crying immediately after being cradled in his arms.
He is hungry and decided to take Aria down with him, he sat with aria on his lap, she was looking at him with fascination.
She opened her mouth as if wanting him to feed her, he turned towards her nanny and asked " can she eat it? "Pointing towards his rice plate.
" rice is spicy, you can give her some mashed potato," she said and went away.
Aria is a cute baby but for her, she is only a job. she couldn't give the love or attention Aria needed as Aria was used to her mom's loving ways.
Armaan took some potato and fed her, she ate less and made more mess, he was chuckling and cleaning her face again and again with his napkin.
After eating, he played with her for some time as her eyes had started dropping he rocked her to sleep in his arms and placed her in her crib and headed outside.
As it was around 5 pm his friends were waiting for him to watch a football match, as he reached them they asked: " Where were you? ".
"I forgot to check the time, let's go inside," Armaan said.
--------------

Note:

Readers! Dont be quick to judge , give some time to the story before making opinions plzzz.

Assalam ulaikum friends! What do you think about the update?

If you liked it, Dont forget to vote comment and share❤