10 - Manners

Holidays have passed and Lance underestimated his tasks at the studio. Once he finally relaxed at home, he must have slept for a whole day. Of course, Pidge and Hunk came into town for a nice weekend visit. Keith popped in for a bit but decided to head out of town with Shiro for a few shows. Lance didn't know exactly why Keith left but he was glad to be hanging out with Allura in the mean time.

Before Spring, Lance succeeded in applying for a two year diploma program in the coming fall. Tons of nerve wracking but Allura's company helped him have some confidence. The doubting part of him built up from the weird atmosphere between them. He couldn't bring himself to outright talk to Allura about their friendship. He's not even sure if that's what it is? 

So, this morning, Lance just finished bringing coffee for everybody and their meeting today. As he went for a break, Romelle came outside to join him on the bench.

"Already burnt out?" She giggles as she sits down.

Lance huffs before he sits up straight, "Nope! Just building up my hype for the day." They laugh with each other.

"You seem excited?"

Lance can't help but grin. "Yeah, of course! I just heard from the others that Allura's meeting with Keith about including Red Lion in Shiro's music festival."

Romelle tilts her head, "You know Shiro?"

"Ah— no. I just didn't wanna call him Sir or anything . That'd be weird."

"Oh— oh! You're going to be helping Allura?" Romelle beams with a smile.

Lance nods, "Should be exciting! I'll get to see backstage with Keith and the other awesome bands."

Romelle nods at the thought. From what she recalls, Allura and Keith never confirmed about what happened with them in the summer. Allura hasn't ever mentioned it until she complained about it when her father first gave her the project.

"Well yeah but— you still have to work like the rest of us." Romelle gives a smirk as Lance rolls his eyes.

"Gee thanks for the reminder."

The air grows silent for a bit. Lance and Romelle like you enjoy the natural sounds of downtown before heading into the murmurs of music producing and recording. 

"Romey?"

"Hm?" She looks at Lance.

Lance bites his bottom lip. Wondering how he can word this properly. "Has Allura ever mentioned if we're official?"

The subject caught her off guard and she stares at him with wide eyes. "Wha— since when?!"

"Guess that answers my question." Lance sighs to himself until Romelle grabs him by the shoulders.

"No, no, no, no— what makes you think that?"

Lance probably should have thought this through some more. "I Uh— well, before Christmas break or so, Allura asked me out to dinner."

"And you went?" He merely nods while she lets go of his shoulders. "She asked you to dinner?"

"Like I was going to say 'no'. I've had the biggest crush on her in high school."

"Okay but, has she confirmed this?"

"Well that's why I'm asking you?"

They stare at each other for a moment. Romelle starts to burst out laughing while Lance rolls his eyes again. He crosses his arms while Romelle mutters about how oblivious he can be or why he never asked. Lance just had too much on his mind to figure this out.