5 - Monsoon

A half moon's fading from my sight
I see your vision in its light
But now it's gone and left me so alone
I know I have to find you now
Can hear your name, I don't know how
Why can't we make this darkness feel like home?

Its been a few months since Lance returned. Unfortunately, Keith was still busy for a good reason. Shiro had asked Keith to collaborate and play opening for their show. He needed the time to practice new collaboration songs and fill in for guitar for Shiro's band, The Black Lions. They were the inspiration for Red Lion.

Keith had come to Shiro's home next door to his old prior home. Shiro was part of a foster family which had raised him since he was an infant. Therefore, his childhood resides in the buildings memories and history, also of course inside the garage. Keith and Shiro were searching through the storage boxes for old lyric notebooks.

"You still have that old love letter?" Keith mentions as he pulls out an old envelope, dirty at the edge lines and Shiro's name in hand writing.

"Couldn't throw it away." Shiro lifts a box and stacks it onto another towards his right. "I mean I never felt the same as Adam did, back in high school."

Keith places the letter back into the box in front of him, "So what— a reminder for breaking hearts?"

Shiro dusts off his hands with a huff. Finding a specific notebook was harder than he thought. "Nah. It does help for inspiration sometimes— there!"

In the far corner, there is a pile of notebooks inside an open box that happens to have the exact notebook, placed underneath the top book, Shiro was searching for. Keith smiles a little seeing the notebook had been worn out with bits of pen marks and tiny rips at the corners of the papers. Shiro is smiling to himself while slipping out the notebook but also feeling a huge amount of nostalgia as he flips through pages.

"Wow. I had so many ideas back then," Shiro continued to read the titles until one caught his attention. "Here it is."

Keith doesn't expect him to toss the notebook in his direction but managed to catch it between his hands. After he straightens out the page, he scans over the title and reads the lyrics below. It's a bit scattered but there are literally arrows pointing and some choruses are even numbered. It takes him a few minutes to re-read the whole page.

"This is the song you talked about?" Keith asks as he turns his eyes away from the page.

Shiro is leaning against the wall and chuckles a bit, "I knew those lyrics would be put to use one day. Sometimes it's good to put ideas to rest for future use."

"Seems like you had some trouble with it." Keith snickers but is met with a playful punch to his bicep from Shiro.

"It's called progress."

The process is exciting for Keith. After the years of Shiro not being around he was able to show off his skills and how far he's come in creating music. They laughed and shared some skills for a few weeks until the real work began. Altea records is in charge of the show, which doesn't have Keith overall excited since Allura is hosting again. He can't bring himself to face her or Lance.

Speaking of Lance. . .

"I have this friend, who I created a song with." Keith nonchalantly explains, as he begins to put boxes away.

"Oh yeah? What's his name?" Shiro responds, helping Keith with the load.

"His name is Lance. The guy's a damn genius with a guitar, practically plays by ear and his lyrics go so well with the music he comes up with."