8 - Deeper Conversations

The show was great. Lance enjoyed every moment of it and felt so impressed that Keith could play more than his punk vibe with Red Lion. The stage reminded him of the first time he witnessed Keith in his element. Now that it's late at night, Keith invites Lance over to his place like old times.

"You moved out from home?!" Lance is gaping at the apartment building.

"I needed to the space to be more creative. Also, the freedom." Keith grins at the antics from Lance. "Plus I can play my guitar in peace."

Lance watches Keith pull out a pair of keys to open the main door. The atmosphere feels mature, as if years have passed since he left for the summer break. It's like he was a whole new person. Keith finally opens the door and motions for Lance to follow him up the stairs.

Is your favorite color blue?

———

After an hour, of checking out some home made videos of their shows and recordings of his guitar play within his cellphone, Keith sets aside his device to ask Lance if he'd like a beverage. Lance nods once he rises up from the floor, stretching out his arms and legs. The time seemed to have passed by pretty quick for Lance, he didn't even realize it was late around 3am.

"Did we really just spend all this time catching up?" Lance yawns as Keith returns with a bottle of water. It's way too late to drink now.

Do you always tell the truth?

"I'd say so. Yeah." Keith is smiling as he slides open the door to his balcony.

Lance follows after him, feeling that cold and gentle breeze touch his hot skin. "Man that feels nice."

Keith admires this sight of Lance. Calm and relaxed. Most of all, knowing he enjoys spending time with him of all people. In all honesty, he really thought he'd be all over Allura right now.

Do you believe in outer-space?
Now I'm learning you

"So when's the last time you talked to Allura?"

The question brings Keith out of his haze. Lance currently stares at him with a smirk but Keith is frozen. Speechless for another minute until he turns away to stare over the ledge.

"What about Allura."

Lance felt the bitter tone. "Wow. Did you two fight while I was gone?" He laughs a little as he sips from the water bottle.

Keith is quiet and staring down at the streets. "You could say that." Deep down, it pained Keith to lie. It's clear that Lance has no idea what happened between himself and Allura.

Is your skin as tanned as mine?
Does your hair flow sideways?

This all gives off a major déjà vu. If Lance recalled correctly, Keith and Allura kept everyone out of the loop when they fought. He felt left out and to learn that the two still have these private moments without him, it stings to think about it.

"Whatever it is. I'm sure you two will eventually figure it out." Lance smirks to himself.

Keith turns his head to see Lance lean his chin among his palm. Tilting his head while the breeze gently brushes his bangs across his forehead. The image burns itself into Keith's memory. Lance is naturally handsome. The outline of his jaw and bridge of his nose might be Keith's favourite.

Lance decides to peek over at Keith, who seems to be lost in thought while staring at him. Not that Lance doesn't mind, he currently catches onto the growth of Keith's mullet hair. The edges are still rough but clearly longer.