12 - Dear Society

"You're serious?"

Keith is staring at Shiro with wide eyes and open mouth. Shiro, on the other hand currently drives, is smiling and chuckling at Keith's response.

"Yeah. Very, why not?"

Keith closes his mouth. "Well I— you think my skills are good enough?"

Shiro just asked Keith if he wants to tour with Black Lion as a rhythm guitarist replacement. Keith assumed he would ask to write a song together instead but this type of news is so unexpected and— can he even tour at all?!

"Keith. You've got potential. Talk it out with Red Lion first and let me know? If you decide not to, I'll understand." Shiro adds while patting Keith on the back.

Keith only nods. How else can he respond? Having Shiro around has been the greatest time but to be asked something like this has Keith on ice. Talk to Red Lion, deal with some personal and petty shit, and leave Lance behind? So many questions he can't answer right now.

"Well we're here." Shiro parks his car.

Today was a late morning start to the local, but huge, event for Plat City in a long time for the music industry. Shiro is quite impressed with Alfor's daughter to handle the project and even more happy of the wide variety of genre.

"It's a shame you two are having a dispute. She did an awesome job with all this." Shiro speaks while getting out of the car and taking out his guitar from the back seat.

Keith does the same, "Well that's one positive out come." He slips on the case strap onto his shoulder and starts walking over to the back stage setup.

———

Allura has been busy for an entire week on the last preparations of her father's assignment. The endless calls and paperwork to ensure volunteers and security, portable washrooms, contracts with vendors, the whole works. It's different than what she's used to but learning how to host has been the most fun she's had in months.

"Romey?" Allura calls out as she sets up a refreshment table for artists in a white tent.

"I got it, I got it." Romelle answers while placing a case of water bottles on the table.

"Life saver! What would I do without you?" Allura smiles.

"Devastated? Alone? Miserably crying?" Romelle teases her on purpose, only to receive a playful shove. "You're going to be fine, Ally. Especially when you have people like me and Lance on your side."

Romelle is right. She and Lance were very helpful in all of this. Lance especially.

"Did Lance come back yet?" Allura asks out loud.

Romelle shrugs, "He really wanted to check out the stage before handling a quick meeting with the ushers."

———

Lance stands in the empty space before the main stage. The area is practically the size of a football stadium and he's impressed they pulled it off, especially on the outskirts of Plat City. His thoughts are a bit jumbled though, staring at the stage reminds him of Keith. He can't help but feel envious.