The Get Away

About a week later I was in the local orphanage when I got a letter.  "Sammy, you've got mail." One of the ladies said as she handed me the letter.  When my parents died the rest of my family either had younger children, older children that they had already raised and didn't need another child, or were retired.  Oh, did I mention that my friends had been put in a similar situation and sent there in that past week.

Letter:

       Dear Sammy,

            The fire wasn't an accident. None of them wereThe fires were all started by a cult, or gang, whichever you prefer. I can't tell you the name, in fact I've already said too much. Keep a low profile for a while. I will be there to get you, all of you, when the time is right.

                                                       See you later,

                                                             Mr. C

What is that supposed to mean!?

13 year old pov

  I sigh sitting at the boring maple wood table eating cereal.  "Are you ever going to let me go somewhere?... You can't keep me locked up forever."

"Home schooling is very common for children your age. Many parents think its healthy to protect their kids from-" Mrs. Chiltz starts.

"You're not my mom! You're my gaurdian, and you're supposed to be preparing me for the real world, not hiding it from me! Plus, its not just home schooling, you don't let me go anywhere, you don't let me make friends, I'm lucky if you let me go to the grocery store with you!" I say rinsing and dropping my dish in the sink.  I walk into the front room towards the door.

"You're right I'm the guardian, which means I raise you how I want! Where are you going?" She says.

"Mail." I mumble. I know that as soon as I walk out she'll watch from the window. Then when I come back she'll pretend to be watching t.v.  I walk to the ugly brown mail box at the end of the yard.  I open it to find only one letter, that happens to addressed to me. So of course I open it.

   Dear Sammy,

                It has been quite a few years, hasn't it? We're finally here to get you guysTurn around.

                                               See you,

                                                  Mr. C

I turn around to see a black car. I don't walk over to it know that mommy dearest would coming running out screeming threatening them with a baseball bat. The tinted windows go down, and a random man in the passeger seat gestures to the letter.

P.S- 1) Go inside like nothing happened

         2) Pack a bag

         3) Tell her you dropped a bill

        4) Find a way to walk past her without seeing the bag

        5) Get into the car before she realizes and runs out.

... Should I do this?... I have no reason not to, but then again no reason to... Which bring me back to no reason not to, so... Can't be anyworse then here, why not?

I glance at the car and walk back inside.

"What came in the mail?" She asks reaching for the letter.

" It was addressed to me." I growl running up stairs to my room.  I throw some close, tooth brush, tooth paste, shampoo, ect.  How long am I going to be gone? Hopefully a long time.  I ignore the next three steps, and open my window. I've always had an escape route, yet no reason to use it. I walk down stairs to see what she's doing, and she's watching Ellen. I get a water bottle to cover it up and go back up stairs.

I lock my door and hang my bag on the large tree branch outside my window.           Then I climb onto the branch myself, and close the window.  When I get closer to the ground I drop the bag.  Then I keep climbing and jump down.  I glance at the window on the other side of the house to make sure she isn't there, then I make a run for the car.  The back door is opened for me from the inside when I'm about ten yards away,  and I hear the front door open.  I speed up faster and jump in the car.

"Good job following the instructions." The guy in the passenger seat says as the car speeds off.