two

"can you leave? thank you" he said while winking at the woman sitting behind the couch. She followed his command and sat next to the other people who all crawled towards each other.

"so, Piper..."

I turned my head towards him and immediately looked back to the floor.

"yes?"

"how old are you?"

While still staring at the ground, I didn't answer.

"listen Piper, I know that this might seem scary but you don't have to worry. I won't hurt you, you can talk to me. looks like we might be here for a while so what do you have to lose?"

I still hesitated to say something, but the way he looked into my eyes changed my mind.

"25, you?"

He smiled.

"29, almost 30 though" he said while tilting his head backwards onto the backrest of the couch. "I'm getting too old for this shit"

"why are you doing this anyway?"

"I have no idea to be honest, but enough about me, how was your day? except for this" he laughed at his own joke so I decided to laugh as well.

"well I didn't do much, I only played fortnite with my friend on the playstation"

"no way! I love that game, we should definitely play together someday"

"yeah sure"

After we talked a few minutes he started to grow on me, I wasn't scared anymore and started to see him like an actual human being. I was the only one though.

"excuse me" one of the guys in the corner said.

Noel turned his body away from me and looked at him without saying anything.

"could you please let us go home?"

"you are the reason you're here dumbass" Noel chuckled. "if you just give me the money from the safe and let me leave you can all go home"

"we told you we don't know the numbers"

While he was talking to him, another guy jumped behind us and wrapped his arms around Noel's neck and tried to choke him.

"yo what the-"

He turned around and shot him in his leg.

"that's your own fucking fault"

Everyone in the room gasped and started chatting with each other.

"shut the fuck up! everybody shut up! someone take care of this guy and leave me alone"

I saw that he was stressing out so I tried to calm him down.

"Noel?"

"what!"

"come with me"

I stretched our my hand for him to grab it, which he did. The second his hand touched mine I got goosebumps over my body. Together we walked to the back of the hallway at the end.

"do you trust me?" I asked.

He nodded after which I grabbed his balaclava with my right hand and slowly lifted it up. He didn't stop me so I continued. Once his face was exposed I saw a sigh of relieve leave his body.

"wow"