nine

When I woke up I found my head resting on Noel's chest. With his arm wrapped around my back, his hand was holding my hip.

While moving away from him I tried to not wake him up. I failed. Noel grunted while stretching out his arms and opening his eyes.

"good morning Piper" Noel said with a morning voice. Which actually sounded really hot.

"good morning"

I looked up into his eyes and his smile made me smile as well. For a second I forgot what he did and what brought us together. While realizing it I moved away from him and got out of bed.

"I'm gonna take a shower"

"wait, can I go first? I'll be quick"

I nodded and Noel got out of bed and walked into the bathroom.

"there's a towel and a spare toothbrush in the cabinet underneath the sink!"

I walked back into my room and heard the shower turn on. While grabbing a hoodie and a legging out of my closet I heard the front door open.

"Piper we're home!" I heard my mom scream upstairs.

As soon as I could I grabbed my and Noel's clothes and ran towards the bathroom. It was unlocked so I walked in and told Noel to shut up. I heard footsteps on the stairs which came closer.

"I'm in the shower mom!" I said while I realized that I didn't lock the door behind me.

"grandma told me to give you this, it's homemade shampoo. I wouldn't use it if I were you but i'll just put it in the bathroom"

I heard the floor in the hallway upstairs squeak, so I panicked and jumped behind the shower curtain. Noel turned around and I covered his mouth with my hand so he couldn't talk. When we heard the door open he realized what was happening and looked really shocked.

"I thought you weren't supposed to come home until tuesday" I asked.

"I was getting a little annoyed by her so I told her that you were home alone and we had to go" she laughed.

I laughed with her and she closed the door. When I heard her walking back downstairs I let go of Noel's mouth and he smiled.

"you keep surprising me Piper"

Noel turned around to rinse off the shampoo. So I took my chance and looked at him from top to bottom. I was pleased by the view and Noel saw that when he turned back around facing me. I felt my cheeks heat up when he smiled at me. My t-shirt got all wet so I walked out of the shower, took it off and changed into dry clothes. Noel did the same after he turned off the shower.

"so what now?" Noel asked.

"I have no idea"