eight

I smiled at the fact that Noel said that and opened the door. A guy with two mozzarella pizzas stood in front of me so I gave him the money and told him he could keep the change.

After I closed the door and walked back to the living room, I put the pizzas on the kitchen table. I saw Cody standing up and taking a piece, Noel did the same.

"so Piper, why did you help him?" Cody asked with a piece of pizza in his mouth.

I looked at Noel and saw him looking at me, waiting for my reaction.

"because you could've just let him fail and thrown into jail"

"well, I don't know to be honest. i just wanted a little action in my life, and when i saw that Noel was stressing out I decided to help him get out of the building"

Noel smiled and took another bite of his pizza. While I grabbed a piece as well I saw Cody standing up.

"can I use the restroom?"

I pointed at a door in the hallway after which Cody took the last bite of the pizza and walked towards it. After I closed the pizza box I went back to the living room. Noel was sitting on the couch so I sat next to his feet on the carpet.

"I never got a chance to properly thank you"

I smiled while taking a bite.

"I don't know why you would risk your life and freedom for a guy like me but thanks. I don't know. what I would've done if you weren't there"

I didn't know what to say so I chuckled and put my hand on his knee. We looked in each other's eyes until we heard Cody walking back into the living room.

"oh I'm sorry did I ruin a moment?" he laughed.

I rolled my eyes and focused on my pizza while Cody told us he was leaving.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds alone, Noel you can text me if you need a place to stay"

I saw Noel blushing while he nodded and gave Cody a hug. I followed Cody into the hallway to walk him out. But before I reached the door knob Cody pulled me back.

"I'm sure it's fun and all now and you think that this is easy, but in the long run you need to be careful. you can't just hide him in here forever and DON'T let Noel go to jail because his life would be over then"

He kicked Noel's shoes underneath the closet with all our shoes and put his hand on my shoulder.

"and if you're gonna throw him away in the end like everyone else does in his life, here's my number" he whispered while putting a small piece of paper in my pocket.

I stared at the door closing behind him and slowly walked back to Noel. Without saying anything I put the empty pizza boxes in the trash and the plates and glasses in the dishwasher.

"I'm getting pretty tired so I'm gonna go to bed" I said while walking upstairs.

"wait! Piper"

I stopped and turned around.

"do you want me to sleep on the couch?"

I tilted my head towards the stairs as a sign that he could sleep in my bed.

Noel followed me upstairs and when we walked into my bedroom he took off his sweater and sweatpants and crawled underneath the blankets. I grabbed an old t-shirt and put it on before laying next to him.

I turned my body so my back faced him and slowly he wrapped his arm around my waist and whispered something in my ear.

"Cody may seem a little pushy, but I'm not I promise. If I do something you don't want just tell me and I'll stop"

Without saying anything, I closed my eyes and fell asleep with Noel behind me. Holding me gently.