ten

"we need to get out of the house somehow"

While thinking of a plan Noel dried his hair with a towel and I locked the door. I sat down thinking about what I got myself into.

"if you want me to go, I'll go"

I looked up into his eyes while he put on his sweater. Thinking about our options. We could both sneak out and go to Cody's house, or I could leave him and let him go to Cody himself. Hiding him in my house was definitely not an option. Thinking about what Cody said to me I gave my answer.

"no"

"what?" Noel looked at me in shock, he definitely didn't expect that answer.

"I wont leave you" I said while avoiding eye contact. "I told you I would help you so that's what I'm gonna do"

"you're the best" Noel said after spitting out the toothpaste into the sink and taking the toothbrush with him.

"wait here, I'll quickly look where my parents are"

I walked down the stairs and saw them sitting in the backyard with a cup of tea. I rolled my eyes and told Noel to come down. He walked past me into the hallway and put on his shoes. I grabbed my phone and keys and opened the door so Noel could walk outside.

"I'm visiting brook!" I screamed, but my parents didn't answer so I closed the door behind me and followed Noel into the alley next to my house.

While looking around me I told Noel that he should text Cody for his address. The day before, he came walking to my house so it wasn't that far.

When we walked past the grocery store we saw a piece of paper behind the window which said wanted with a picture of Noel's face on it. I looked at him and saw him tilting his head downward to the street. I grabbed his hand and quickly walked passed the store into another neighborhood.

At the end of the street we saw Cody's house and knocked on the door. After a few seconds Cody was standing in front of us with a big smile, his hair was a mess and it looked like he just had woken up.

"heeey dude! what a nice surprise, you brought your girlfriend!" Cody said while giving Noel a handshake.

While Noel walked in I looked around if anyone saw us, there was an old lady standing on the other side of the street looking at us. Without hesitation I followed Noel inside and closed the door.

Noel walked into the living room and Cody waited for me in the hallway.

"have you thought about what I told you yesterday?"

"which part?" I asked with an attitude.

"both parts"

He put his left hand behind me on the wall and looked down at me with a smirk.

"you know you can leave right now right?"