five

He sat down and after I grabbed us something to drink and I turned he tv on. I threw the remote at Noel and sat down next to him.

"which number is comedy central?" he asked while skipping through the channels. He stopped at the news when he saw his own face on the screen.

"a hostage took place at the local bank of a small town in chicago. the hostage taker was a man around his mid twenties. one person has been injured before the hostage taker escaped through the emergency exit. the police is looking for this man, his name is Noel Miller"

I looked next to me at Noel to see his reaction, his eyes were locked at the tv screen and a tear slowly ran over his cheek.

"we'll figure something out don't worry" I said while Inout my hand on his shoulder.

"I fucked up" he whispered to himself.

The doorbell rang and we both looked at the door at the same time. I slowly walked towards the hallway and Noel walked behind me. I looked through the small window and saw Brook standing in the front yard. As soon as I opened the door, she stormed inside.

"you fucking idiot!" Brook walked past me and pushed Noel back into the living room. "what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I- uhh- we-"

Brook pushed him again.

"you should be glad that you didn't hurt Piper because if you would've touched her even with one finger you would be dead right now!"

Noel looked at me in shock, he obviously didn't know what to do or say.

"Brook, please chill out"

"are you seriously defending him right now? why is he even here? you're gonna be in so much trouble when someone finds out!"

"I know but please listen"

Brook calmed down a little after I explained everything to her. She told us that she wouldn't tell anybody because she didn't want to be involved. After she left I saw that Noel placed his hand oh his chest, she definitely hurt him.

"you should take some rest" I suggested.

Noel agreed and I walked towards him to place my hand on his shoulder and walk him to my room.

"I'm so sorry about her, this is my fault"

"no don't be sorry, I got you into this mess in the first place"

"I did this to myself, don't take responsibility for my actions. I decided to help you so please just let me"

Noel grunted and put his hand on his chest again.

"are you okay?" I asked him while we walked into he my room.

"yeah i'm fine"

I pushed away the pillows on my bed before he laid down with his clothes still on.

I turned around trying to walk back downstairs but Noel grabbed my hand.

"maybe you should check, just to be sure"