seven

"we could order pizza if you want?" I suggested.

"yeah I would like that, do you have a iPhone charger by the way? my phone died"

I pointed at a little basket on the table with all the chargers in it. He grabbed the one for the iPhone while I called dominos and ordered us two pizzas.

When Noel's phone turned on he got a ton of messages, his face expression made clear that he had didn't want to answer them all, but he started typing anyway.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of Fanta and two glasses and put them on the kitchen table.

"Piper?" I heard Noel's voice coming from the living room so I closed the fridge and walked towards him.

While poking my head around the corner, Noel asked if it was okay if his best friend came over for a second. I still don't know why but it seemed really suspicious.

"your best friend?"

Noel nodded and told me that they met years ago and they see each other every day. And that he saw the news and wanted to make sure that he was okay.

"what's his name?"

"Cody, I'm sure you'll like him"

"okay fine but you're sharing your pizza, i'm keeping mine"

Noel smiled and texted Cody the address while I walked back to the kitchen and grabbed another glass. I'm sure Noel wouldn't let a stranger into my house that he doesn't trust, so I guess that it'll be all right.

Noel finally found the comedy central channel so he was watching that until the doorbell rang.

I looked through the window and opened the door.

"you must be Cody?"

A guy with brown hair stood in front of me and stretched his hand out for me to shake it. He nodded.

"and you are?"

"Piper, Noel is in the living room"

"nice to meet you Piper" Cody said before he winked at me and walked past me towards the living room. I followed him and saw Noel jump to his feet as soon as he saw Cody.

"how are you man?" Cody asked.

"could've been better"

Cody walked closer to Noel and gave him a hug.

"so tell me what happened!" Cody said a little too enthusiastic.

Noel told him the story about how he tried to keep hostages inside the bank but that I changed his mind and that he's here now. Cody looked at me from top to bottom and smirked.

There was an awkward silence after that but it broke because of the sound of the  doorbell.

"are you expecting someone else" Cody asked.

I grabbed the money from the table that my mom left me and walked towards the front door.

"she's hot dude, have you banged her yet?" I heard Cody whisper behind me.

I waited a second in the hallway so I could hear where their conversation was going.

"shut up and don't try anything, without her I would probably be in jail right now so I'm not gonna let you fuck this up"

"don't worry man, she's all yours" Cody laughed. "until you're done with her"