Chapter 21

Trigger warnings: Swearing/Blood/Violence/Death/Sex/Alcohol 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing in the middle of her living room, Ruby let out a breath. She turned around gazing at everything in the room. Everything had been right where she left it. A magazine that was given to her from Nikky sat neatly on the coffee table next to the coaster and the remote. She had always meant to read it, even though it was a fashion magazine and Ruby didn't care much for those. She still should have read it and gave it back. Across from the table sat a flat-screen TV. It had been ages since she had last watched anything. And instead, the TV sat there collecting dust.

She was alone with her thoughts. Thoughts that wouldn't seem to quiet down. They exploded in her mind telling her that she was nothing more than a monster. A monster that would be hunted. She shook her head, she wasn't a monster. She wasn't.

You are. You just don't remember.

Ruby froze as the voice echoed in the room. It was hers, but it wasn't. She waited, hoping that it was just in her head and that she wasn't going crazy. Shaking her head, she walked out of her living room and up to her room.

She looked over her things and found, just like in the living room, everything was right where she left it. She wasn't expecting anything different. However, being away for a few days, she had grown a little concerned. Seeing that her house was in order, Ruby let out a soft breath and sat on the end of her bed. The mattress was soft. Almost as soft as Wonho's.

Her face turned red and quickly stood. She couldn't be thinking of that. Not when he had admitted to being a Vampire. Her shoulders dropped with the thought. He was hunted. Had probably been hunted for centuries. Chances where he hated hunters like her family. And having a whole family show up before him, he had probably thought he could get his revenge. Yet, he didn't. He could have killed them. But he helped them. What could he have gained from helping them?

She was grateful he had spared them. Even if they had died before they could see her grow up. Her mind paused. If she had gotten attacked by a vampire, and Wonho healed her and changed her, how did her parents die?

You already know the answer.

"No, I don't," Ruby declared, "I don't remember."

She waited for the voice to answer. When it didn't she sighed. She was going crazy. Speaking to yourself is one thing, but arguing with yourself was another. After everything that's happened, she was surprised she was still able to think straight. Even though it took a lot out of her to think clearly, she did what she could.

After sitting back on the bed, Ruby flung her legs to the bed and lay there. She focused on her breathing. In and out. Slowly, she found herself drifting off. Her eyes shut slowly and the room around fell dark.

The smell of crimson woke her in a frenzy. Around her were old run-down walls with wallpaper peeling off the walls. Empty half-broken picture frames hung slanted on the wall. She rose slowly with a searing pain in her head causing her vision to blur. Still, she forced her way up. The hallway was long, just like the one from her dreams. And just like her dreams, she felt called to someplace.

She walked down the hallway taking in the empty photos and holes in the walls. About halfway down, the crimson smell grew thicker as well as the smell of ashes. She turned to see just how far she had walked but was met with only darkness behind her. Swallowing some saliva, she pressed forward.

Soon, the empty picture frames were full of photos. Black and white photos of blurred people. People she thought might be someone's family. As she looked closer at one of the photos, she noticed a young man and woman holding blades. Ruby recognized them as hunters. It must have been their first kill. Who could so happy killing something?