Chapter 17

Trigger warnings: Swearing/Blood/Violence/Death/Sex/Alcohol 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai couldn't help but feel his Aunt's icy glare from beside him. He wasn't even sure how they went from fighting to sharing a drink. And yet, there they were with two whiskey glasses filled halfway with the amber liquid. Kai felt defeated in more ways than one. Not only had Naomi bested him in a hand to hand combat, but She also knew exactly what was happening with Ruby. Which he didn't understand. Naomi hadn't seen Ruby in 10 years, there was no way she should have known what Ruby was going through. Was there?

Taking a sip of his drink, Kai let out a short breath. Whiskey always burned down his throat. This stuff seemed worse than the other brands he had in the past. Still, it took the edge off, even if it was for a brief moment. He tried to think of a way to get out of this situation with Naomi and get to Ruby's side to warn her. Not that Ruby would listen anyway. He just wanted to get to her before Naomi did. There was no telling what Naomi would do when she sees Ruby and what's going on with her.

"Why are you really here Naomi?" Kai asked.

"I told you," She began, "I'm here to handle that rouge Vampire you can't seem to kill."

Kai stayed silent trying to find the truth within her words. Namoi couldn't be suspecting Ruby for the murders. However, Kai couldn't say for sure if Ruby wasn't the one behind it.

"If I find out that she's behind it," Naomi continued as she took out a small knife and twirled in on the counter, "I will kill her. You know that."

Kai flinched as Namoi slammed the knife into the table. There was one thing Naomi was good at and that was keeping a promise. With Naomi's declaration to kill Ruby if she was the one behind everything, Kai felt his worst fears creeping up to him. Kai rose to his feet and slammed his hands down on the counter.

"I swear to you," He declared, "I'll find that Vamp and kill it myself before you can get to it. Or Ruby."

"All right," Naomi said, "It's a challenge then. I'll give you...Five days. If you haven't killed the beast, or I find out it really is her, I'll kill her right in front of you. So you can see what happens when you make a mistake."

Kai turned and darted out the bar. He ran as fast as he could, making sure to dodge the people as he passed them. He needed to get to Ruby before anything happened. He needed to tell her about her past, about Naomi's plan, and get the truth from her. Even though Kai was certain his sister wasn't the true cause of the murders, there was a sliver of doubt in his mind. He wasn't with her the night of the first murder, there was a slight chance it might have been her without her realizing it.

"Damn it," Kai shouted.

There was no time for him to doubt himself. He told himself constantly, that she wasn't the one behind it. That it was some other vampire. His feet came to a sudden halt with the passing of that thought. Another vampire. Wonho. He was the only other vampire that he knew of that was in New York with his sister. His mind dove quickly into the darkness of his thought. Wonho was getting close to Ruby to teach her how to kill. He was using her.

Kai's heart beat quickly in his chest as he searched his mind of anything that might dissolve his thought. When nothing came, Kai quickly darted back down the street and made his way to Ruby's home.

The buildings blurred passed him as he made his way down the winding streets. Kai dodged as many people as he could, hoping that he would make it to Ruby's before anything happened. Knowing Naomi, she would already be on Ruby's tail. That is if she could find her. Ruby's ability to disappear was one of the things Kai was grateful for, at least, in this scenario.