Chapter 45

It's been a couple of weeks since I last saw Charles, Zoe, or even Finn. I still haven't gone to the therapist so now I have court in a couple of weeks. "So the only way I see it for you to keep Noah, is to go to the therapist. Elizabeth still has copies of the papers saying that you were just her surrogate."
"You've got to be kidding me! Is there any way that I can show that I was drugged? That I had no idea of what was going on?" I asked Ella, she was my lawyer, and also a childhood friend.

"If you have someone who saw it happen then yeah. I also have your blood test results and it shows that you had a large amount of drugs in your system, so now we just need a person who saw it happen."
"I know who to ask. Don't worry about it." I think that Leroy had cameras in his house so I could ask him for help.
~~***~~
The next day, I wake up early to give Noah a bath, feed him and dress him so that he'll be all set when Charles comes to get him.

"Here...... his nap time is coming up soon. Remember no nuts, of course and also-" He cuts me off by putting his hand on my shoulders. "It's okay, I'll take good care of him, I promise." I sighed but nodded, I knew he would. When they left, I went to Leroy's house.

"Natalie, Hey." Leroy said when he opened the door. There was some awkwardness between him and I but right now I just needed help. "Hey Leroy, I just have a quick question."
"Alright, come on in." I step inside and he walks to the living room.
"So, you wouldn't by chance have any cameras in your house would you?" I ask, cutting straight to the point.
"Actually I do."
"Do you mind if I take a look?"
"No, be my guest."
He leads me out of the living room and down the hall to a room full of computer screens with different cameras placed throughout the house. I take a seat and instantly start going backwards to the date that it happened.
"Are you looking for anything in particular?" He asks.
"I'll know when I find it."
I finally find it and see that minutes before I show up, Daisy is in the room talking to Elizabeth, just as she pours the drug in my drink. Leroy obviously doesn't know what he's looking at but I can clearly see her pouring it.
"I found it!"
"What? What is it?"
"Nothing you need to worry about. Now I just need to know if Daisy is here?" He nods before leading me to her room and looking at me one last time before leaving. I knocked and waited for her to give me permission before going inside.
"Hey, Nana, what are you doing here? How are things with you and dad?" I laughed at her sudden questions. "Leroy and I, it's........ hard to tell right now but can I ask you something?" "Yeah sure." She pats a chair next to her and motions for me to sit down.
"Do you know if anything happened to me when I was last here at your house? I mean with your sister, did she do anything suspicious? I just have this blankness in my memory after coming over here one day." I was obviously lying. I remembered everything that happened that day, I was just testing her. I already had video proof of her being there to witness what Elizabeth did, but I wanted to see if she would actually tell me instead of covering it up. She did know Elizabeth way longer than she knew me. I also needed her to testify that she saw it, if the video wasn't enough. She looks at me and puts her hand on mine.
"You're my sister, not her and yes I did. I remember seeing her drug you. I wish I tried harder to stop her."
"That's ok, now you can."
"What do you mean?"
"I need a witness who saw Elizabeth drugging me. You did right?" She nods.
"I'm happy to help with whatever you need. I'm so sorry that she did that to you and I didn't say anything sooner. I was just so scared." I hug her tightly.
"Thank you, so much!"
"Of course, we're sisters remember? I'll always have your back." I smiled at her and we talked and laughed for a bit before it was time for me to go back home.