Sacrifice

Chris and I haven't talked for about a week and I've been starting to miss my best friend but I won't let her win this war. Peter has desperately been trying to get me and Chris to make up but what she did to me was Unforgivable because I'm not selfish I know I'm not.

I walked down stairs to the living room where everyone was eating.
There were five subway sandwiches

Gen, Chris, Josh and Peter were eating I went to grab a sandwich but Chris pulled it to her.

" this is mine" she glared at me

" you already have one" I slammed my hand down on the counter

" I'm a hungry girl, you know that"

" fine" I turned holding my tears back, I ran upstairs to my bed room

I decided to take a shower I started washing my hair, when I heard footsteps.

" peter" I called out

" yeah, we need to talk"

" about what" I asked rinsing my hair

" Lara Jean, the woman I fell in love with this kind generous and would do anything for somebody she loves"

" thank you" I smiled

" but right now you're not the woman I fell in love with, I can't understand why you're not happy for Chris. She's there for everybody including you the least you could do is be by her side"

" I want to I really do but I can't support her dating Josh" I wrapped a towel around my body and my hair

" I don't like Josh and frankly I think she could find someone way better than him, but Josh makes her happy and I care about Chris and I want her to be happy you should to "

" then I don't think this is going to work. You need to be on my side, you're never on my side "

" because you're wrong, can't I have an opinion "

" yeah but I'm your girlfriend you never did this with Gen "

" because you and Jen aren't the same person. You're supposed to be better than her "

" then I think we need to break up for real this time"

" when are you going to learn, if you keep pushing people away Burning Bridges they're never going to come back they're not going to want to" and with that he left

I sat on the ground, losing the one thing I value most, my sanity.
I cried and cried. I heard a nock on the door.

" Lara jean, is that you" I recognized the voice, it was Chris. I sniffled and wiped my tears

" ye... Yeah"

" can I come in"

I stood up, slowly and turned the handle.

" LJ, what happened" I hugged her hesitantly she hugged back

" Peter, he... He broke up with me" I covered my hand with my mouth; the words felt wrong disgusting even. The tears falling burned like fire.

" why, you guys are so good together"

" because, of you and Josh. He said I wasn't the person he fell love with" I choked on the words

" I don't understand why your so upset with me and Josh" I looked up at her, instantly I felt guilt

" I shouldn't have been, I'm so sorry, I love Chris and I want you to be happy, really I do and if Josh makes you happy then go it"

" LJ, I love you too"

I hugged her, I really do love her. She's my bestfriend.